• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Joe's build thread

robert campbell

Arlie,
You are too funny. So does he need the Mopar motor also? Only if he wants to go slower!!!

Rob

robert campbell

The 1967 Firebird left last night. Ended up being 132 hours of labor. It runs and drives like new!!! By the time it was done it was 13k total in parts and labor. But $3k of the parts was a March Pulley system and a complete exhaust system with ceramic coated manifolds.

Rob

By the way, I love this song and this video!!! Trust me neither of Mustangs would lean like the one in this vid does going around the corner. By the way the lady is WAY pretty!!! I am starting to like 1967 Firebirds!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-F0US5eKnY

Mosesatm

Arlie,
You are too funny. So does he need the Mopar motor also? Only if he wants to go slower!!!

Rob

Probably, I think Chrysler was the only company with that split induction system, but I'm not sure.

Attachments

• ebay141488710273695.jpg
    ebay141488710273695.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 35

robert campbell

Yup, Cross Ram to my knowledge! No were near the squeeze that a supercharger can put on a motor these days!!!

"Rear lights fadin while the blue lights chasin"....... County road 44!!!!

Joe, sorry about the fun I am having on your thread!!!!

clubpro

Rob,

Don't forget about the 69 Z-28 with the cross ram intake. In the 60's and early 70's I would go down to L.A. to visit my cousin in the summers and there was a guy that lived in his neighborhood that had a Z-28 and when he opened the hood and we saw the intake we went nuts. Coolest thing I'd ever seen as an 11 or 12 year old kid. My cousin lived on the corner of Airport Blvd and 79th st. in Westchester and across the street sat a Sunbeam Tiger, on the opposite corner there was a Plymouth Superbird and down the street was the Z-28. We were in muscle car heaven to say the least.

Cheers,

Ron

Attachments

• 69-crossram-z28-camaro-engine.jpg
    69-crossram-z28-camaro-engine.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 31