• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

2007 GT/CS First Official Pix

TheMustangSource

The GT/CS paced the CHAMP Car races in Long Beach this weekend.

Attachments

• GTCSVert-1.jpg
    GTCSVert-1.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 51
  • GTCSVert-2.jpg
    GTCSVert-2.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 75
  • GTCSVert-3.jpg
    GTCSVert-3.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 60
  • GTCSVert-4.jpg
    GTCSVert-4.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 62
  • Webb06LBGP826.jpg
    Webb06LBGP826.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 83
OP
OP
T

TheMustangSource

Sorry, I mislabeled it as a 2006 model in the first photos.

Attachments

• GTCSVert-1.jpg
    GTCSVert-1.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 24
  • GTCSVert-2.jpg
    GTCSVert-2.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 35
  • GTCSVert-3.jpg
    GTCSVert-3.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 24
  • GTCSVert-4.jpg
    GTCSVert-4.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 31

case12

Thanks for posting us on these. Shaping up into a very nice looking car. I will be interested to see other colors. Casey

P

PNewitt

Thanks to "The Mustang Source" for posting these just-released photos!

Welcome to our message boards, too!

Paul M. Newitt
GT/CS Registrar
(We're gonna accept '07 CS Registrations, too!)

Mosesatm

Here is a quote from the press release:

"The GT/CS was originally a limited-production 1968 Mustang coupe fitted with Shelby Mustang dress-up pieces and sold only though dealerships in California. It was available with any engine, and either with or without the GT option. The 2007 California Special can be ordered as either a coupe or convertible and will be available though Ford dealerships across the country."

Here's another quote.
"Production estimates have not been finalized, but the 2007 California Special is expected to surpass the sales total of its predecessor of nearly 40 years ago, when 4,325 copies of the GT/CS were sold.

Last edited:

Mosesatm

I ran some rough numbers from Ford's web-site, based on 2006 prices.

A Premium GT fastback costs around $28,000 with an automatic so the GT/CS package at nearly $2,000 puts the car at $30,000 before options or dealer price gouging. The convertible version is about $5,000 more so it's sitting at around $35,000.

Wow, that's a lot of money for a Mustang!!

rvrtrash

I was at the local Ford dealer yesterday and looking at prices. The part I have trouble wrapping my brain around is that you can buy a nice original CS and a daily driver '68 for the price of a new one. If we talk the new Shelby's, you're looking at two '69-'70 Mach 1's-CS's-Shelby clones-whatever. I've dropped $25K on a classic but have to get used to the idea of doing that for a new one and can't even imagine double that.
Steve

still looking for one

To me, they are trying to sell the "new" GT/CS off the old one; fine for them if they can do it. Ford has done all this before, actually the new Mustang today recalls the 67 rather nicely...with lots of modern fripperies. But what about McQueen's original 390 fastback with those American Racing mags so common back then? Which you think would you rather have for fun?

But the original '68 is a timeless classic. No comparison as far as I am concerned...just my opinion, but I am old school all the way..
(rather have a 69 Camaro or a 70 Challenger than those "new" variations.)
even in the end they were slower, cruder and sloppier handlers, and forget brakes.)