• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

40th Anniv. GT/CS Event Details--at Galpin Ford on 4/19

P

PNewitt

OK, folks, here it is....

The details on the 40th Anniversary GT/CS Event held at Galpin Ford (Galpin Auto Sports--GAS) on Saturday, April 19th 2008.

Galpin Ford (GAS) is at the intersection of Roscoe Blvd, and Highway 405 in North Hills (North Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley). GAS is on the opposite corner from the main dealership. You can't miss it. You may want to get a look at the Mustang Showroom across the street--to see the awesome late model Mustangs!! (Saleen, Roush, Shelby, GAS Customs, etc..).

• The event will take place at GAS, and it will be from 10AM to 3PM on Saturday, April 19th. At 3PM, we'll pack up and head out for Knott's as a group on the highway.

• 1968 GT/CS, 1968 HCS, and 2007 and 2008 GT/CS Mustangs are invited. You need not bring a GT/CS to come, but it would be preferable.

• Galpin is going to provide lunch for us for free. It's Buffalo Chili Burgers. Lunch will be at 12:30 (if you're a big breakfast person, you'll need to grab some probably before you arrive near 10AM, or if you like fast-food breakfast, there is a Burger King 1/2 block away).

• Beau will be there, he's the head of GAS, and VP at Galpin, and the producer of "MTV's Pimp My Ride". GAS will be open for you to cruise through, and buy cool items, too. They have lots of collectible stuff, too, like hats and shirts, too.

• We'll have to think of some sort of cool item of appreciation for them, like a trophy, or maybe a 1/18th CS, or something neat for them.

• I'll be sending out fliers to everyone in the Registry, and we'll need an RSVP "headcount" to give them ASAP, although some of you can post on this thread if you're coming, as long as I know who you are (screen name may not match my registry names, etc.).

• PLEASE come, and bring as many GT/CSs as you can!!

• This will be an awesome event--and there will be photogs there, and either I, or others will do an article on this event for the Mustang Magazines!!!

thanks!!
Paul N.

Last edited:

somethingspecial

That sounds great Paul, Thanks for setting this up. Count us in, 2 cars and possibly 6 guests.

• PLEASE come, and bring as many GT/CSs with you as you can with you!!

BOY PAUL, Don't speak to fast about my grammer. LOL

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

That sounds great Paul, Thanks for setting this up. Count us in, 2 cars and possibly 6 guests.

• PLEASE come, and bring as many GT/CSs as you can!!

BOY PAUL, Don't speak to fast about my grammer. LOL

er..what grammar problem? LOL

Sounds great! They're gonna love seeing so many GT/CSs all in one place!
Thanks for bringing your awesome CSs, Mike & Robinette! Ya just can't keep that "Bullitt-Green" GT-390 CS out of L.A., huh??

Paul "quickasabunnyfixmymistake" N.

miller511

Paul,

Count us in for at least one GT/CS...the new one for sure... and 3 people.

-Jeff

Diesel Donna

Okay what am I missing here....if we round up from Galpin at 3:00 PM and
convoy to Knott's on Saturday, April 19th....then what? The Knott's show is Sunday April 20th. Did I miss the part about meeting for dinner somewhere in Buena Park like we have in the past, or is it understood that everyone has a hotel room reservation there or something? Don't we meet on Sunday morning at Starbucks and drive in together so we can park together?

Clueless Donna

case12

I will be there from Chicago. I am still debating driving my CS that far, or flying in and renting a Shelby H. I REALLY want to bring my CS, but that is a long way. I have always wanted to drive the full Route 66 (from Chicago to LA!) Casey

miller511

The plan...?

Okay what am I missing here....if we round up from Galpin at 3:00 PM and
convoy to Knott's on Saturday, April 19th....then what? The Knott's show is Sunday April 20th. Did I miss the part about meeting for dinner somewhere in Buena Park like we have in the past, or is it understood that everyone has a hotel room reservation there or something? Don't we meet on Sunday morning at Starbucks and drive in together so we can park together?

Clueless Donna

Donna,

I was wondering about that, too. What are folks planning to do after the ride down the 405? And where are folks staying? I'm getting ready to book a room somewhere near Buena Park/Anaheim. Any suggestions? I am originally from down there. But it's been a few years.

Thanks, Jeff

CALIF GIRL

I was planning on staying at Knott's hotel.

I like the idea of driving from Galpin to Kott's together. I also have enjoyed going to dinner with all the people from this site.

Meeting in the morning somewhere on Sunday makes sense, that way we can all be parked together.

Just my 2cents.

clubpro

The Rodeway Inn which is across the street from Knotts and right next door to the IHOP is a good place to stay. They have reserved a block of rooms under "The Mustang Club" so if anyone is interested in making a reservation tell them that you are with the Mustang club and they will book you a room. Below is the address and phone #. If you don't mention the Mustang Club you will not get a room.

7930 Beach Blvd , Buena Park, CA, US, 90620
Phone: (714) 994-6480

What we do is get up early Sunday and take the car over and get set up. Then we go back to the room to get cleaned up and then go to breakfast at IHOP. I works out perfect

Cheers!

Ron

68gt390

• We'll have to think of some sort of cool item of appreciation for them, like a trophy, or maybe a 1/18th CS, or something neat for them.

Paul;
Since the "Royal Maroon" diecast is not available on the West Coast, how about we give them one of those. If you'd like I'll send you one and you can present it to them from our GT/CS family. I think that would be cool and make them possibly the only Ford Dealer to have one on the West Coast.

Don :grin:

Mosesatm

I will be there from Chicago. I am still debating driving my CS that far, or flying in and renting a Shelby H. I REALLY want to bring my CS, but that is a long way. I have always wanted to drive the full Route 66 (from Chicago to LA!) Casey

Casey, driving a Mustang over the Rockies in April can be quite an adventure. If you haven't worked out a route yet then, Go South young man!

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Paul;
Since the "Royal Maroon" diecast is not available on the West Coast, how about we give them one of those. If you'd like I'll send you one and you can present it to them from our GT/CS family. I think that would be cool and make them possibly the only Ford Dealer to have one on the West Coast.

Don :grin:

Hi Don,

That would be very cool--great idea!! Thanks!

Yes--send it to me, and I'll do the rest--like make a laser-cut base with his name, etc..

Paul

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Since GAS (Galpin) makes a line of T-shirts, we might get some 40th Anniv. GT/CS shirts made by them for the event....

I'm sending my artwork to them on Monday, and we'll see.

Folks that cannot attend the GAS event might like to buy a shirt anyway.

Paul N.

johnsgottwo

I want one!

I expect the response to this T-shirt idea will be pretty predictable, but for the record, I want one (or two or three or......), even if it takes a deposit to get them printed.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

I expect the response to this T-shirt idea will be pretty predictable, but for the record, I want one (or two or three or......), even if it takes a deposit to get them printed.

I'm not sure what you mean--"predictable"? Good or bad sales? We may only do a couple of dozen--we don't quite know right now.

What I'll do is post the artwork (ASAP) and then folks can decide if they'd like to buy one through GAS. The look may be more SO-CAL "style" than most would like, but we'll see. I don't know how they will approach and deliver the look of it--yet. I just know that it will be very cool, and from the heart of the GT/CS--Southern California!!!

Paul N.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

I'll see if there is a chance of getting "something cool" brought out for us to enjoy at the show. Hmmm....maybe KITT?? (KR = Knight Rider?)

In the meantime, you can see this site. OR, just "google" "Galpin Auto Sports" for more info, and a look at the place (and the parking lot).

http://www.galpinautosports.com/news.php

Paul N.

johnsgottwo

T-shirts are good

Hey Paul,

By predictable I meant good. It seems the members of this forum are eager for anything that helps advertise our cool cars and our allegiance to them. I'm really anxious to see the artwork, and I expect you'll see quite a positive response.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

oh, great! thanks!

Maybe--if some folks would like this--Beau and I could sign shirts for those who would like them--and can't make the show??

Hmmm...

Paul N.

carezcs

I'll plan on being at Galpin to meet everyone. I'll be parking cars a Knott's but will see you there, hopefully I can park with you guys.
Bruce