• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

lucas mounting posts

69convert

anyone have a diagram or picture of the parts making up the posts for the lucas lights? A link to the either?

Mosesatm

The posts should be charcoal like the grille and the bottom trim panels

OP
OP

69convert

Mosesatm said:
The posts should be charcoal like the grille and the bottom trim panels

I understand what color the posts are supposed to be. However, I have two sets of posts and they are both different! I am going to be putting one set back on sometime soon, hopefully the right set!

Mosesatm

Here is a page from Paul's first book and a picture of a correct installation. There is some debate as to whether or not there should be 2 square washers instead of 1.

Last edited:

zozobra

tubes below the fog lights

Can anyone tell me the OD and length of the tube for the fog lights? Are they farily thin metal or pieces of pipe? I have some lights I bought a few months ago but have no idea what to do about the tubes themselves.

Mosesatm

Bob Teets (Hi country bob) sells the kits. It includes all the pipes, bots, and washers. After seeing all the special one-off parts needed I was happy to buy the parts from Bob rather than try to make them myself or get someone to make them.

zozobra

Excuse me

I just looked at the High Country side of this site and saw Bob Teets' phone number. Sorry for not looking before I asked. I'll check with him on the posts for the fog lights.

hicountrybob

zozobra said:
I just looked at the High Country side of this site and saw Bob Teets' phone number. Sorry for not looking before I asked. I'll check with him on the posts for the fog lights.
Zozobra, call me one evening and we'll talk "Lucas Light Posts". hicountry Bob Teets here.