• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 GT/CS 6 CYLINDER IN GOLD ON EBAY!

Perkchiro

I certainly would agree. This is a very nice example of a concours GT/CS. Nice addition to someones car collection I'm sure.

Mustanglvr

The end caps don`t seem to fit the car very well. I do like that color though. Rhonda

OP
OP
G

GT_CS

[quote author=Perkchiro link=board=3;threadid=2117;start=0#msg14275 date=1126212399]
I certainly would agree. This is a very nice example of a concours GT/CS. Nice addition to someones car collection I'm sure.
[/quote]

I think that is dougs' favourite colour!Nugget gold i think.... Am i right mr sunlitgold???? and it is most definatley a very nice example!

OP
OP
G

GT_CS

[quote author=jbsteven link=board=3;threadid=2117;start=0#msg14279 date=1126222349]
Sunlit gold
[/quote]

you had a very nice gold one for sale on ebay didn't you steve? quite a while back - that car was beautiful

390cs68rcode

it was a very original 68 Sunlit Gold 390 coupe. A guy from Denmark bought it. The transporter picked it up at my home and drove it 30 miles to another location. He called me and said the throttle stuck open and the engine overrevved. He stated 2 fan blades came off and punctured the radiator. Too bad a original fan and radiator were damaged and who knows what else from the "throttle stuck" problem. Funny thing is I pinned the throttle to the floor quite a few times and it never stuck. hmmmmmmm

OP
OP
G

GT_CS

[quote author=jbsteven link=board=3;threadid=2117;start=0#msg14281 date=1126222775]
it was a very original 68 Sunlit Gold 390 coupe. A guy from Denmark bought it. The transporter picked it up at my home and drove it 30 miles to another location. He called me and said the throttle stuck open and the engine overrevved. He stated 2 fan blades came off and punctured the radiator. Too bad a original fan and radiator were damaged and who knows what else from the "throttle stuck" problem. Funny thing is I pinned the throttle to the floor quite a few times and it never stuck. hmmmmmmm
[/quote]

haha! very interesting, so i presume he still bought it?

390cs68rcode

he had already paid for it a month before. It was the transport company that messed up. They were aware they had to pay up to fix it. BTW the driver was 22-23 years old.

OP
OP
G

GT_CS

[quote author=jbsteven link=board=3;threadid=2117;start=0#msg14283 date=1126223106]
he had already paid for it a month before. It was the transport company that messed up. They were aware they had to pay up to fix it. BTW the driver was 22-23 years old.
[/quote]

well thats not too bad i guess.......you own quite a few number of gt/cs?