• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Odds & Ends photos & stuff I need for the book...

P

PNewitt

While working on the book, I made up a list of some things that I need help with. If you have a way to come up with some answers, or photos, that would be great! THANKS!!

Here is the list so far:

A photo of along side of the rear quarter panel, showing the slight dimpling of the holes for the rear script (i.e. telephoto).

Photo of the bare metal holes and that "rib" on the taillight panel, where they were cut for the T-Bird lights.

Good photos of the Sonny & Cher Mustangs

Photos of Los Angeles streets in 1967, with cars, etc..

Photos of a '67-68 Plymouth GTX

A way to contact Road & Track photographer Pete Biro (circa 1967)

Find an original GT/CS with orig stripes, for close ups of how the stripes were folded over--or not.

A.O Smith Logo (and what does the word "Inland" mean in that name"?)

About the Hertz GT/CS that we talked about here.

Photos of a seat retrofitted with the recall parts, circa 1975-6

About the HCS Carb recall

A photo of an original "spray-on vinyl top"

Landau Irons accessory on a GT/CS roof side panel.

photo of an Gulfstream Aqua GT/CS without a vinyl top

photo of a turn signal switch in a steering column, with the wheel removed

Photos of a GT/CS at a Barrett-Jackson Auction

photos of a Hood Tach

photos of a GT/CS converted for autocross events

photos of a space saver in a GT/CS trunk--original??

Photos of the '07 GT/CS toy cars

photos of a 427 in a '68 Mustang--stock and original

Photos of a Tunnel Port 302--stock setup--anywhere.

Whew!!

You can either post here--or via PM to me, assuming that my mailbox won't be full from this one!! LOL!!

thanks!!

Paul N.

CougarCJ

Paul, the 427 in a 1968 Mustang is a myth and urban legend.

Kevin Marti has confirmed this fact.

The 1968 Mercury Cougar GT-E is the only F-L-M car in 1968 to get a factory W code 427. The W code 427 in 1968 had a hydrualic lifter camshaft.

Mosesatm

Now where have I seen a Gulfstream Aqua GT/CS without a vinyl top? Hmmmm, let me think about it and get back to you.

Attachments

• Rear.jpg
    Rear.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 25

J.Bart

(Photo of the bare metal holes and that "rib" on the taillight panel, where they were cut for the T-Bird lights.)
paul, there were some pictures on the disc i sent, they were of the rear light holes, stripped, showing the sections cut out, is that what your looking for?

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Now where have I seen a Gulfstream Aqua GT/CS without a vinyl top? Hmmmm, let me think about it and get back to you.

DOH!! I blame Mike Jewell for putting that idea into my head.... Dang!! :)

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Paul, the 427 in a 1968 Mustang is a myth and urban legend.

Kevin Marti has confirmed this fact.

The 1968 Mercury Cougar GT-E is the only F-L-M car in 1968 to get a factory W code 427. The W code 427 in 1968 had a hydrualic lifter camshaft.

Thanks! I pretty much knew that--about the Mustangs, but I wanted to make one last search. thanks! (now if you could just tell that to the authors of those Mustang Coffee table books!!)

Paul N.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

(Photo of the bare metal holes and that "rib" on the taillight panel, where they were cut for the T-Bird lights.)
paul, there were some pictures on the disc i sent, they were of the rear light holes, stripped, showing the sections cut out, is that what your looking for?

Thanks. I have a lot of discs to look at, and I'll check yours out. Thanks for doing that--and for letting me know.

Paul N.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

some one just posted something about bringing home a gulfstream Aqua GT/CS.

http://californiaspecial.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5761

and if any of the other cars you need show up in FL, I have a good DLSR camera i'd be more than happy to get print quality pics for you.

-'Chewy'

Thanks, Chewy.

What I may consider, are Registry (only) updates with DVD / CDs every year, after the book is done. This would include the late model GT/CSs especially.

nfrntau

What is the "rib" on the tail light panel?

Attachments

• DSCF1430.JPG
    DSCF1430.JPG
    110.1 KB · Views: 31
  • DSCF1432.JPG
    DSCF1432.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 29
  • DSCF2711.JPG
    DSCF2711.JPG
    119.6 KB · Views: 34

nfrntau

Here are stripes folded over on the back edge of the front fender.

Attachments

• stripe end.jpg
    stripe end.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 44

68P51

Paul, My car has a hood tach which I was told was a dealer option but I can't confirm that. There should be pics on the disc I sent you. If you can't find them I can probably get some more.

If you wait about a year or two I can give you pics of a 427 in a GT/CS, a Windsor 427 :icon_lol:

somethingspecial

DOH!! I blame Mike Jewell for putting that idea into my head.... Dang!! :)

I have no recollection of that conversation Senator!!!!!!! You can't hold anything I said under annastesia against me.

Sorry Arle!!!!! WHO KNEW?

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

I have no recollection of that conversation Senator!!!!!!! You can't hold anything I said under annastesia against me.

You mean "Anatasia", the Russian Princess, or "Anesthesia", the Prince of Joy?

la la la....

Paul N.

p.s. Mike-- #8R01MJB15238. I need the dealer options list from you for the registry.

:p

PFSlim

Here are some pictures.

Paul - I think most of these pictures are on the disk I sent to you as well.

Paul

Attachments

• Stang414.JPG
    Stang414.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 20
  • Stevenson506.JPG
    Stevenson506.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 16