• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Dealer Number

mustang.biz

Any resource on mapping dealer numbers to dealers? I have a bunch of basic Marti's and am not ready to get deluxe (plan on selling most of these cars) but I'd like to get more info.

One that I'm particularly interested in is #71227J (DSO is 72 San Jose)

Thanks in advance for any info!

-Curtis

robert campbell

I went to the library and ran some micro fish from a large Seattle newspaper from January through May of 1968. Some of the same thing PMN did (copywrited) to get cool adds for the GT/CS.

By doing this I found a whole bunch of sales people names. They were prominently displayed in the ads.

I did a people search and found 2 or 3 or them. One thing they remember like their first kiss is the Ford code of their dealership. One guy was naming off the codes for other local dealers and I had another Marti and he was right on. Of note he says the code for Smith Gandy Ford in Seattle that is on my Marti report is wrong. He was the sales manager there!

Rob

Doug

I went to the library and ran some micro fish from a large Seattle newspaper from January through May of 1968. Some of the same thing PMN did (copywrited) to get cool adds for the GT/CS.

By doing this I found a whole bunch of sales people names. They were prominently displayed in the ads.

I did a people search and found 2 or 3 or them. One thing they remember like their first kiss is the Ford code of their dealership. One guy was naming off the codes for other local dealers and I had another Marti and he was right on. Of note he says the code for Smith Gandy Ford in Seattle that is on my Marti report is wrong. He was the sales manager there!

Rob

Only a thought -- if a car was originally sold to one dealer (from Ford) and that dealer transferred or traded the car to another dealer who in turn sold it to the consumer – the Marti report would show the 1st dealers number. Because that is who Ford delivered that car to.

robert campbell

Only a thought -- if a car was originally sold to one dealer (from Ford) and that dealer transferred or traded the car to another dealer who in turn sold it to the consumer – the Marti report would show the 1st dealers number. Because that is who Ford delivered that car to.

Doug,
The Marti I have says Smith Gandy Ford, but the wrong dealer code according to the then sales manager. I would suspect that the original Ford record would contain both the name and dealer code of where it was delievered. I doubt that the original record would be updated to which dealer actually sold the car.

but I could be wrong..... again....

Rob

gtcs1

Any resource on mapping dealer numbers to dealers? I have a bunch of basic Marti's and am not ready to get deluxe (plan on selling most of these cars) but I'd like to get more info.

One that I'm particularly interested in is #71227J (DSO is 72 San Jose)

Thanks in advance for any info!

-Curtis

All of the Marti's I've got shows a different type of dealer number ex; 71A005 (2 digit, 1 letter, 3 digit). Do you have such number on yours. I have a large number of Marti's I could look into to see if I've got your dealer number on, and give you the dealer info.

OP
OP
M

mustang.biz

Thanks for the info folks, I'm actually just going to order the more complete report from Marti, I'm going to want the info eventually anyway