• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Dome light lense part identification

gtcs1

Hi,

In my GT/CS (without overhead console), the dome light lense and chrome ring are missing. I want to replace them with original Ford part, preferably NOS. Is there a way to differentiate these original 2 items from repro ones (apart from price $50 vs $10)? Is there a part number molded-in on these 2 Ford part? If someone who still have their original part could check theirs (specially if already dismantled for restoration), that would be very kind.

Thanks

gazrox

I had a look at the dome light that I removed off my vehicle (I'm not 100% certain that its original but given its condition it probably is) and there are no part numbers on the lens or the chrome ring. There seems to be a symbol that could be an "8" embossed on the chrome ring, but I wouldn't take it as being a part number.

Hope this helps.

OP
OP
G

gtcs1

I had a look at the dome light that I removed off my vehicle (I'm not 100% certain that its original but given its condition it probably is) and there are no part numbers on the lens or the chrome ring. There seems to be a symbol that could be an "8" embossed on the chrome ring, but I wouldn't take it as being a part number.

Hope this helps.

Is there a similar symbol in one of the lense injection molding spot on the inside. I was told there is supposedly a "8" or sort of symbol inside the lense. This may make sense with what you're seeing in the chrome ring. The then supplier for both parts may have used this "mark". That would be possibly what makes it original.

I wonder if one has a set of repro part, that would be without this symbol

Thanks

OP
OP
G

gtcs1

does this help?

Hi,

Thanks for the diagram.

I see the 2 numbers I am interested, 13783 and 13788. I am just wondering if original parts would have these part numbers molded-in or printed in these parts.

What are these washers 13784. Are they metal or rubber washers (acting like isolators?) and their dimensions?

Thanks

BroadwayBlue

Hi,

Thanks for the diagram.

I see the 2 numbers I am interested, 13783 and 13788. I am just wondering if original parts would have these part numbers molded-in or printed in these parts.

What are these washers 13784. Are they metal or rubber washers (acting like isolators?) and their dimensions?

Thanks

According to the diagram those washers were only used on Station Wagons.