• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GTCS, true or false

Mosesatm

For some reason I can't find it. It listed 6 cars but none of them match your description.

OP
OP
Mustanger

Mustanger

I just tried it again, and it's working, I went through the method of clicking on the link (for some reason, it didn't underline itself properly, so you have to copy and paste in the address field), and also by starting over by going to Yahoo Autos, and going step by step, both methods worked. I hope you can get it :-\

Anyway, did anyone else get to see it ???

Mosesatm

Cut and paste worked.

I'll bet it's a '67 with all the CS parts on it so in his mind it's a '67 California Special, not understanding that a GT/CS is more than just parts. Otherwise parts are just parts.

Or, maybe there was one lone GT/CS built in 1967 as an experiment and this is that car. The guy doesn't realize what he has and he's giving it away for only $8,000!!!

hookedtrout

Next time you find a web site with a half mile long URL go to this link, cut and paste the long URL and click make it tiny and it will change the long URL into a tiny URL making it functional in forums so that others can access the web site with ease. Save a link to TinyURL on your desktop for quick reference it's one of those web sites you will find useful for ever, it works awesome and fast and eliminates all the long URL postings.

http://tinyurl.com/create.php

Hook

Talan423

the yahoo car mentioned looks like a 68 to me. has 68 rear quarter panels (w/reflector). has 68 front fenders. has 68 interior door latches, and if you look at the inside near the driver side 1/4 window you can see the 68 shoulder harness seat belt hanging down. also has the 68 lap belt on the floor of the rear passenger side. the scoop decal is no big deal, have seen many cars with wrong decals. this car might be worth a look for only $8k. would look into the marti report first of course.

OP
OP
Mustanger

Mustanger

[quote author=BroadwayBlue link=board=1;threadid=1630;start=0#msg9920 date=1114720570]
???

Isn't this the same car that was on eBAY last week with a starting bid of $19,000??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...ory=6236&item=4543204669&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Maybe the 0 (zero) bids made a difference.

Rich
[/quote]

Good Eye!!! :D Funny how this car used to be at Loda, Illinois, and now it's in the Bay Area in California?? I see that some of the same verbage was used over again.
But really is interesting how E-bay was asking $19k, and now Yahoo Autos is asking $8k - what gives ???

bbeatty

[quote author=BroadwayBlue link=board=1;threadid=1630;start=0#msg9920 date=1114720570]

Isn't this the same car that was on eBAY last week with a starting bid of $19,000??

[/quote]

Good Catch! ;)

Did you notice last week the car was in Illinois and now it's in California? ??? ::)

Talan423

sure looks the same to me. sounds kinda strange now????? that's quite a drop in price. noticed on the ebay sight the original grille is missing and no foglamps, although it does have the hood lock mounts and locks. it isn't in the registry but does fall within the gt/cs production numbers. ebay is listed for sale in illinois, yahoo is listed for sale in california. something doesn't add up on this car???

OP
OP
Mustanger

Mustanger

If you check out the E-bay link, and study the pictures, you'll notice that the front view, though it's cut off, seems to show an incorrect grill (looks like the horse and corral are there). But again, it could be a real GT/CS ... Marti should be able to verify this ;)

BroadwayBlue

Actually on both Yahoo and eBay the listing title is has it as a 68 and it has the 68 codes according to the pictures of the codes. It looks like the 67 was just a typo in the descriptions.

OP
OP
Mustanger

Mustanger

... well, we'll see if the seller responds to an email I sent him. Still kinda curious as to the location change and price drop ...

OP
OP
Mustanger

Mustanger

Haven't been contacted by the seller, either phone or email ... kinda makes you wonder if the ad is legit :-\

OP
OP
Mustanger

Mustanger

The seller responded!! He says:
"HI, The car is still available for sale. I am a private seller and I moved recently in Spain, I've wanted to take this car with me and register it here and sell it for more money, prices for cars here are higher than those in US, unfortunatelly import taxes and european regulations made me change my mind since I have to pay a lot of money. Now I am shipping and sell it for a low price because next week I have a deadline term for
paying those taxes and I need to sell it until then otherwise I lose it!!!
This car is like new, STATE OF THE ART, completely working, no scratches, no dents, never been abused, always well taken care of, low miles, clear title, manuals, the original documentation included. You will receive it with the bill of sale and custom papers as well!
The car is located in Huelva, Spain where I am too and it will be shipped car will be dellivered at your home address. Let me know your decision.
Regards"

Don't really like buying a car without seeing it/touching it ... especially one that's supposed to be out of the country being sold by someone I don't know or have any references :(

joedls

[quote author=Mustanger link=board=1;threadid=1630;start=15#msg10093 date=1115243676]
The seller responded!! He says:
"HI, The car is still available for sale. I am a private seller and I moved recently in Spain, I've wanted to take this car with me and register it here and sell it for more money, prices for cars here are higher than those in US, unfortunatelly import taxes and european regulations made me change my mind since I have to pay a lot of money. Now I am shipping and sell it for a low price because next week I have a deadline term for
paying those taxes and I need to sell it until then otherwise I lose it!!!
This car is like new, STATE OF THE ART, completely working, no scratches, no dents, never been abused, always well taken care of, low miles, clear title, manuals, the original documentation included. You will receive it with the bill of sale and custom papers as well!
The car is located in Huelva, Spain where I am too and it will be shipped car will be dellivered at your home address. Let me know your decision.
Regards"

Don't really like buying a car without seeing it/touching it ... especially one that's supposed to be out of the country being sold by someone I don't know or have any references :(

[/quote]

This is a SCAM! Run! Someone tried to pull this scam on me when I contacted them about a Shelby being sold on Ebay for a very low Buy It Now price. They used almost the exact same language in an e-mail sent to me in reply to my questions.

OP
OP
Mustanger

Mustanger

The guy is persistent... he wrote:

Let me repicture the whole deal : I have already taken the car to the
shipping company. They've put it in a crate to prevent any shipping
damages(the car will also be insured for the whole shipping process). I
will have the car shipped to your delivery address for inspection. When
the ship leaves Spain, the shipping company will issue a tracking number
and some shipping documents. I will give you all these so you can track
the shipping and check that everything's OK . After you have checked
that the car has been shipped you'll have to complete a 30% from the
entire price as a deposit. The car will arrive at your home address and
you'll have 2 days for inspection after which you will have to decide
wether you'll take the car or not. If you do, you'll have to pay the
balance cash/cashiers cheque to the shipper. If for any reason the car
is found unsatisfactory, I'll refund you in full and supply a shipping
account that will be charged for returning the car or I'll try and sell
it in your area.
Let me know your decision ,
Regards

This response came after I emailed him that I had the policy to not buy a car if I can't see it in person.
I'll just have to reply to him one last time with a polite but firm,"no thank you." 8)