• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 '69 Mustang / Cougar Seats

Mosesatm

Does anyone know if the basic seat frames are the same between a '69 Mustang and a '69 Cougar? In other words, will '68/'69 seat covers fit on '69 Cougar seats?
Scott???

Thanks

Attachments

• 69 Cougar Seats.jpg
    69 Cougar Seats.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 25

clubpro

Yes they are exactly alike. I installed a set in my 67 coupe and they worked perfect.

Cheers,

Ron

clubpro

Arlie,

Here is a photo of the seats in my 67 coupe. I installed the sport seat upholstery and it installed without a problem;

Attachments

• Interior 67 Mustang.jpg
    Interior 67 Mustang.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 27

CougarCJ

Seat frames and springs, are exactly the same as was mentioned. Cougars do have thicker foam padding than Mustang seat bottoms. Cougar floor seat risers are actually shorter than Mustang ones.

Seat bottoms are the same 1968-70 between Mustang and Cougar. You can just switch the seat backs from a 1969-70 to 1968's, if you wanted.

XR7 seat backs have storage pockets in them, they snap right on too.