• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 All new book updates posted on saac ?

Mustanglvr

I don't want to read too much into it because it could mean a hundred different things, but in my cynical brain it did appear to be a little backhanded dig at those of us in the GT/CS "hobby".

I hope Casey's take on the comment is correct and Paul is starting to understand that there are issues he needs to address once the book is finished.

I totally agree with you Arlie.

robert campbell

Guess I need a better phrase....

"Where is your crew?" "I beemed them to the third planet!" "There is no third planet!" "Don't you think I know THAT, THERE WAS, BUT NOT ANYMORE!!!!"

Ok makes no sense to anyone else, but I am an original series treky! Love Strat Trek IV The Voyage Home!!!

Rob

390cs68rcode

Guess I need a better phrase....

"Where is your crew?" "I beemed them to the third planet!" "There is no third planet!" "Don't you think I know THAT, THERE WAS, BUT NOT ANYMORE!!!!"

Ok makes no sense to anyone else, but I am an original series treky! Love Strat Trek IV The Voyage Home!!!

Rob

if you like Star Trek, check out my collection of screen used props......

www.startrekpropcollector.com

Mosesatm

I found this in the SAAC site.

PMN @ SAAC said:
I had to think about your question (Pickled Grump), and it deserves a good, honest answer.

I'm making every effort to finish the bulk of the book by Oct. 31st. Nothing would be a better Xmas present to myself than to have the book ready for all of you on time.

The way I do all of my books is to set a high standard, and commit to finishing those projects at that same consistent level of excellence. From the beginning, I've felt that the owners and enthusiasts of the GT/CS deserve as good a product as possible; not "slapped together". Quick books and magazine articles that lack good, comprehensive material will, over time fade into obscurity. This is why my 1989 and 1996 editions command such high values on EBAY, still after all these years. The time and effort I put into my work is reflective to the appreciation and values of your GT/CS. This is why I'm putting everything I have and can do to make this a real showpiece book and DVD--to justify it's $100 cost.

It's not a final decision, but I may only print 1,000 copies, and not 2,000 of the hardbound edition. This is due to production costs (unless a private investor wishes to cover the difference). My licensing and (liability) insurance costs have been very high, and this has been expensive all the way around. No decision has been made on any additional editions, until this first deluxe edition is sold out.

I've been working very hard on this book, and am striving to include many details. For instance, I discovered that the springs in the hood locks differ between '68 Shelby and GT/CS. This is due to the different type of retainers made by ACSCO. I also have paperwork that tells a (different) story of the cars produced in the first 21 days. These are research elements that are complete, and now, it's just a matter of "assembly". The pages are laid out, photos and diagrams in place and then the text and captions are inserted. It's part scrapbook, and part fascinating story. The story is a strong one, partly from the Shelby romance, part Ford marketing, and part ownership of over 40 years. All of these things are what will make this book great, and well worth the wait.

Here is a photo I took of some members of the registry, on the roof of the Petersen Automotive Museum parking structure. A typically warm and pleasant Los Angeles day. We'd just finished a photo shoot at the Century Plaza Hotel, near Beverly Hills (this photo will appear in the book, BTW). This is the calibre of book and sense of pride of ownership that I'm striving to accomplish. I may not get to convey the extent of the book as accurately as I'd like -- for the time it takes away from completing it, but my mind is with those of you that are eagerly awaiting it's release.

I'm also putting in a request for another BIG GT/CS car show and book signing at Galpin Auto Sports--which I'll notify everyone about ASAP.

Thank you for your support,

Paul M. Newitt

Dark Horse

Hey everyone,

I'm new to this site and have a Black 2008 GT/CS convertible with a 5-speed and the 3.55 gear, 1 of 40 as per stats on another site, and was wondering the details on this new book. Would it include the new 2007 - 2009 GT/CS details, and how could I get mine in the registry with pictures ? Who should I contact etc.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Rob ( Dark Horse )