• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Just finished a project today

390cs68rcode

Installed new Aqua carpet in the 390. Now all the interior matches (old carpet was a strange green color). Took me about 3.5 hours and I only yelled 3 cuss words (after I had to take the console apart 3 times because of the $%%&^*&%^$ shifter).

I will try and put up some pictures on my new california special website this weekend. Stay tuned for the web address. 8)

68Fan

Congrats. I know the relief and feeling of accomplishment when a 3+ hour job is completed. As for me I'm about to send my rig off to paint early next week. Still working on the rear valence issue.

P

PNewitt

Don'tcha just hate it when they took only seconds or minutes to do it in the factory--and then hours, days and weeks to restore it?

I found coins dated 1967 under my carpet. One guy found a Ford coffee cup behind the back seat quarter panel. And another CS owner sent me a "bad" drawing behind his plastic dash panel on the pass. side.

Congrats on only using three swear words. LOL!

Paul N.

68gt390

Speaking of things you find under the seats. I found a bag of seeds and a roach clip under the back seat of an old 67 Mustang I once had. I was still in the Air Force at the time and after that I took the car to one of our dog handlers on base to have them check the whole car. What an experience. At least that way I was protected.

Don