• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Ford Engines Website

68gt390

Arlie;
Interesting site. I find it funny they mention the 390 in the FE series but, don't talk about the 390 GT version. Although they do mention there were 3 versions used.

Don

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

If you want some serious horsepower and don't mind spending a ton of money for that horsepower find yourself a 427 SOHC.

CS68

recent mustang purchase

would it be a good idea to remove an engine from a 1967 ford f-250 352cu engine in good condition and put it on my 1967 fastback, the fasback has a 289 engine which is not a good condition and I was thinking about changing it. or would it be cheaper just to buy a new engine. thanks

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

When you say a new engine do you mean like a new 347 crate motor?

I don't know if you'd be happy with a 352 unless you had it bored and stroked (in the clean sense) into a 390 or 428. If I remember correctly the stock 352 is a bit of an anchor when you compare weight to horsepower.