• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Plasma Led Lights

Maine gt/cs

Looking to purchase Led rear bulbs from WCCC. Are these plug and play or do I have to replace the flasher also. I think this has been covered here before but don't remember. Thanks for your help and reply's.

Tim

franklinair

I put them in my Highland Green CS. OUTSTANDING. But I did have to replace the flasher which I also got from WCCC.

Neil

franklinair

My original flasher probably required more current to function (the LED's use MUCH less current). An original flasher may very well work, but with the lower current required by the LED's, its quite possible a new type flasher will be required.

Neil

p51

so why the discepancy between your two experiences?

No idea. When I read some of the reviews (can't seem to find them now) some folks had to replace the flasher unit, some not. It is quite possible that the flasher unit in my car was replaced at some point in the past. Anyway in my case it just worked...

sam

Looking to purchase Led rear bulbs from WCCC. Are these plug and play or do I have to replace the flasher also. I think this has been covered here before but don't remember. Thanks for your help and reply's.

Tim

Tim, this is something I am wanting to do with my car also but never could figure what was required. Seems like there are difference scenarios out there. So I'm thinking maybe just go ahead and replace the flasher mechanism and bulbs etc. I'm assuming there is a total LED kit out there that is available. If you find out, would you mind posting your expereince and where you purchased them and part nos etc?
Appreciate this.

Sam

franklinair

Found these photos of the Plasma LED lights: Tail lights & Brake lights... They are BRIGHT.

Neil

Attachments

• 065.jpg
    065.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 26
  • 066.jpg
    066.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 24

sam

Found these photos of the Plasma LED lights: Tail lights & Brake lights... They are BRIGHT.

Neil

Neil...................is there a kit available that includes LED lights and flasher mechanism?
Is this what you've used on your vehicles?
Thanks

franklinair

I see that WCCC now offers a 6 pack of the 1157 Plasma LED's for $75.
I just replaced the bulbs and they wouldn't flash for the turn signals. Called them and they advised the new flasher. Then everything worked fine. Very Bright.
The mod seems a little pricey ($100+/-) total, but for safety & visibility worthwhile IMHO.

Neil

sam

I see that WCCC now offers a 6 pack of the 1157 Plasma LED's for $75.
I just replaced the bulbs and they wouldn't flash for the turn signals. Called them and they advised the new flasher. Then everything worked fine. Very Bright.
The mod seems a little pricey ($100+/-) total, but for safety & visibility worthwhile IMHO.

Neil

Neil, thanks for your info. ! What a help!