• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Side scoop question

Ersel66

Anyone have original or vintage pics of the side scoop grills?

My car has chrome grills and they look to be all original with rivet etc. Was curious if they should be black?

franklinair

My understanding is that the side scoop grills should be silver- very much like the Argent color.

Neil

hookedtrout

Mine were missing so I cut stainless steel and put in mine, worked awesome and looks pretty close to original from what I can tell.

Cory

Mosesatm

Anyone have original or vintage pics of the side scoop grills?

My car has chrome grills and they look to be all original with rivet etc. Was curious if they should be black?

They should be stainless, with black vinyl-like material behind them.

Attachments

• Scoop Screen and Rivet Detail.jpg
    Scoop Screen and Rivet Detail.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 39

GT/CS S Code

If you ever need to replace your side scoop screens, hicountrybob (Bob Teets) has high quality replacement screen kits available at a reasonable price. We got ours from him last year and replaced our old screens, which had been fitted with some brass screen and then painted body colour (Candy Apple Red). The side stripe kit had been left off the car for over 10 years as well, so when we replaced the side stripes we replaced the side scoop screens at the same time.

Attachments

• 68 California Special 009.jpg
    68 California Special 009.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 21
  • 68 California Special 009 close up.jpg
    68 California Special 009 close up.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1391 resized.jpg
    IMG_1391 resized.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 29

hicountrybob

Update your gallery HCB, I don't see anything!

Randy

I know. I don't know what's happened but since a site upgrade last year or so, I'm not in there anymore. Maybe Jon Hanna will see this and put my stuff back in there, somehow. OR maybe I need David Ivener again. Bob Teets here!

Mustanglvr

If you do an update on your gallery, even just by changing a word, it will bring it back to the top of the list. You may be able to access it again thru your member profile or from a post you've written. FYI