• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

New detailing photo Autolite Alternator

68gt390

jbsteven said:
Don

if you want a matching pair I will trade you the rearward slanting one you have for a forward slanting one I have. No need to have a non matching pair.

:grin:

ps:

if you really want to trade let me know.

:icon_no: :icon_no: :rofl:

Don

68gt390

Jason;
Was just looking at your gallery pictures. Noticed your spare in the trunk. I hope you have a matching spare tire at the house. If you ever enter a sanctioned MCA event, you have to have a matching spare. All 5 tires have to match. That will save you some points being deducted. See MCA rules for Occasional Driven/Daily Driven, Rule: 6.

Don :wink:

twoclassics

The bend in mine goes towards the rear and it is a c8wf w meaning cougar as I stated and it looks like the mustang and cougar are the same and they were interchanged, does anyone have a snorkel with the part number beginning with c8zf

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

wf and to the rear? There is a way to flip them over by taking them apart. Has it been apart? Picture?

Don

yes, I know. There are never big shows in or near Houston so I don't worry about it for now.

6t8-390gt

I just checked my air cleaner and snorkle, my snorkle bends toward the rear of the car.

The correct part # should be C8OZ-9A626-B. The Ford Master Parts Catalog further says it should be 9-1/2 inches. The ink stamped # often found on the snorkle is NOT the PART #, it is the CASTING # and is different. Similar, but different! I do not know the correct ink stamped casting number for any snorkle excluding the 428CJ.

Mansfield Mustang pictures the rear bend as correct (he listed the part # incorrectly as C8ZZ-9A626-B, there is no C8ZZ-9A626-B part listed in the MPC). The Ford MPC does not include Mercury, so I cannot cross reference the part. Also, the MPC does list a different snorkle, and air cleaner for the X-Code engine.

Also the Ford Master Parts Catalog is now available on CD. Mustang Times has a write up on it in the December issue (page 14). I've also seen it on EBAY.

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

very good info. thanks

anyone want to go in on the new Ford master parts catalog thing? I won't use it enough to justify $60.