• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

(3) GT/CS 4sale on Hemmings Motor News

390cs68rcode

the second one looks like the one that was on Ebay quite a few times and never met reserve. looks like Volo pay top dollar for cars. Love the foglights in the third ad. ;)

68gt390

[quote author=jbsteven link=board=3;threadid=2124;start=0#msg14352 date=1126446050]
the second one looks like the one that was on Ebay quite a few times and never met reserve. looks like Volo pay top dollar for cars. Love the foglights in the third ad. ;)
[/quote]

Jason;
You've got to remember they are a dealer and doesn't mean they paid top dollar. I know for a fact, here in Columbus, a local dealer has purchased several stangs from folks I know for far less than what they actually sold them for. I've seen several of their cars they sold marked up as much as $5000.00 and higher than what they paid for them. Again, they are a dealer and most folks will pay a dealer more than a personal seller simply because they think any work done has been professionaly done by that dealer. I know for a fact that is not always the case. Plus, some of these folks buying these cars from dealers don't really know the car they are buying (Mustang knowledge very limited). I still believe that's the only reason I managed to get my big block out of Seattle for the price I bought it at. I knew what I was looking at and what was missing and what it would cost to replace those items. Also some folks are hesitant to haggle with dealers because they feel they (dealers) know what the value of these cars are worth. I don't mind jumping in with both feet it that's what it takes to get them off some of their high prices. When dealing with dealers, a little knowledge can be a powerful weapon on your side. Just my thoughts on it.

Don 8)

390cs68rcode

I hear ya.

I do know of a 68 C code vert GT500 clone with a 428 that Volo bought from Ebay and he sure paid a bunch for it (think it was 40k or more). I remember the car since it was at a show and was parked next to me about 5 days before they bought it. This, coupled with the high asking prices leds me to believe they sometimes pay strong for cars.