• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Passenger Side Mirror

BigJim

Is there a right and wrong way to mount the passenger side mirror? Even when turned all the way in (to the left) all I can see is the sidewalk along the right side the car. Any suggestions on how to set up this mirror so I can see what's next to the car? BTW the car came with the passenger side mirror from the factory but it may have been off once years ago for a resto.

somethingspecial

Try swapping mirrors

I had the same problem with one of my cars. I swapped sides and it cured the problem. I think some of the new mirrors do not have the travel they should have in the ball socket.

green56

i HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM ON MY 66 MOUNTED the way it should be and it does not adjust to were i can see in back

OP
OP
BigJim

BigJim

What is involved in changing the mirrors? Do I have to remove the interior door panel?

franklinair

If its not a remote mirror you don't need to remove the inner door panel, it should just be 2 screws mounting it to the top of the door.

Neil

CougarCJ

I made some measurements from when I installed the Nutserts on my passenger side door.

Here is the link.

Non-deluxe mirror as shown.