• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

WELCOME!

admin

Staff member
Administrator
[glow=black,2,200]Welcome to the new forums![/glow]
If you've just come here for the first time from the old forum system you will need to
register
as a new member, but it's pretty painless. Just choose a user name and give a valid email. (Don't worry, it won't be added to any list or anything!) Your temporary password will be emailed to you automatically. Once you've logged in you can start playing with all the cool features! ;D

Here are a few of the improvements in the new forums:
  • You won't need to login every time. It remembers you and your settings.
  • Icons will indicate which threads are new since your last visit
  • You can use signature lines and small personal photos or icons
  • More control over how your post looks
  • Email notification when someone responds to a thread you're interested in
  • Instant/private messaging to other members
Actually there are so many new bells and whistles it can get a little overwhelming at first. Don't worry about it. You can post just fine without worrying about any of those fancy options. Then as you get more used to the system you can start using them if you want. If you have questions about how to use this forum or want to post test messages please do so in the Test & Help Forum.

That's it! Enjoy!

68sunlitgold

Jon,
I like the new layout of the forum. much easier to read then the old one. Keep up the good work. By the way, how do you finance the upkeep of the website, I only ask this because I know other Mustang sites have places where one can contribute to ensure the site will continue. Again thanks
Doug

PS. as you can see I was able to login. ;D

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Glad people seem to like the new forums. It can take a little getting used to (especially if you are having a hard time logging in ;)) but I think it's worth it. I'm hoping to generate a more community feeling with the site and some of the new forum features will help with that I think.

[quote author=68sunlitgold link=board=1;threadid=8;start=0#26 date=1029967185]
By the way, how do you finance the upkeep of the website, I only ask this because I know other Mustang sites have places where one can contribute to ensure the site will continue.[/quote]

If you're asking where you can send a check I'll be happy to supply my mailing address! ;D ;)

Actually the costs of this site are very minor at the moment. It does cost me a little each month, but it's not bad.

It's when it starts to really generate traffic that it becomes expensive. I run another much larger site (www.ClassicBroncos.com) which does cost quite a bit per month. I sell advertising space directly to Bronco vendors to offset the costs on that site. If this site grows I may do the same here.

But it's just a hobby, like restoring Mustangs, and it's certainly not going to make me money! It's just fun! :)