• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

J-code GT Convertible

di81977

This is a sweet car. J code, numbers matching, GT, deluxe interior.

Last bid was $19,900. Maybe that is the current market!!?? If this car is a nice as it sounds, I was thinking it would be a good buy below $25,000.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Nope.
It ended up at $19,933.
I'm pretty sure he won't sell it for less than $25K.

6t8-390gt

Mosesatm,

What was he asking for it when you looked at it? Total production for 1968 GT conv. was only 1986 so it a rare pony that is nicely optioned.

Danny

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

We never got to that point because I found a GT/CS and lost interest in the convertible. From what I know of Paul and knowing how much work he put into the car $25K is my best guess, but he may want something closer to $30K.

CougarCJ

Mosesatm,

What was he asking for it when you looked at it? Total production for 1968 GT conv. was only 1986 so it a rare pony that is nicely optioned.

Danny

Danny, any idea how many of the 1986 GT ragtops were J-codes? Can't be many, my guess is that 1500 or more were S and R codes.

6t8-390gt

We know there were only 36 R-code conv.; but I've never seen any numbers of 390 vs. 302. Marti doesn't break the numbers down that way and I've never paid for the special request of that stat. I would assume the majority were J-codes. Of course then we would want to know how many were of each transmission combination!

There was a J-code GT conv. at Carlisle All Ford Nationals last month; I think the seller was asking $32K for it. A nice car; but needed some cosmetic attention.

Danny