• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Fresh air knob location Help!

dbeal

Can someone post a picture of the location of the fresh air knob on the drivers side? I am slowly assembling the shell, and I need to know the location of the knob. I think its by the emergency brake, but am not sure how it is mounted..

Thanks

Darrell

Mosesatm

Here is the one in my car.

I just noticed that I have the wrong emergency brake handle!! Gotta add that to the list.

Last edited:

68gt390

From what I've been told it's not reproduced by anyone. Mine is frayed and about to go anyday. I've been checking swap meets and everything and haven't been able to find one. Still looking.

Don

mmarsalone

In the latest Mustang Times, it showed that Virginia Mustang is now reproducing the complete assembly for 65 and 66. You might call them and see if the 67 and 68 are in the works. Otherwise, check Ebay. I had to get one for my car since mine knob broke at the back by the clip.

Arlie, what's wrong with your emergency brake handle? I'm pretty sure it's correct and looks like the ones in my CS and 67'.

Mosesatm

mmarsalone said:
Arlie, what's wrong with your emergency brake handle? I'm pretty sure it's correct and looks like the ones in my CS and 67'.
Nothing, I had it confused with the 65/66 handle.

Last edited:

Mustanglvr

How do you tell if the fresh air vent assembly is still workable if its not installed? My car came with an extra one and it seems to work ok. It has the vent, cable and knob. Is there fraying or anything I need to look for? Doug (Sunlitgold) looked at it when he visited last summer and said it looked like a good one. He said the one installed in my car looked good too.

OP
OP
D

dbeal

Thanks guys!! I'll be fixing that tommorrow!!

Darrell