• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Saw this on ebay: "1968 MUSTANG CALIFORNIA SPECIAL VIN TAG ENGINE TAG"

Mosesatm

And another rant from our friends Was anyone else able to find the link to the safeharbor reporting site? If others have been able to get there then my guess would be that they are just stalling, trying to make it to the end of the auction.

Okay, I tried these steps and no luck. Could not find it. Bob chatted with the live ebay help and they could not find anything about. He also dicussed with them that members of your group were concerned about this auction and that some of you were bidders on this auction and one even offered to buy it outside of ebay to save the integrity of the CS Mustang. The Live Help told us to wait on Community Watch to review our case and they would give us an answer. We both have contacted Ebay with "Is this okay" question since as you say I am walking a slippery slope bordering on the illegal side. I personally think there are more important things to worry about that are going on in the world (ie Iraq War, Our Parishes that were hit by the hurricanes and they expect the next season to make the last look mild, starving children all over the world, now foreigners getting ready to take control of our ports) but hey, some things are very dear to people and I don't want to do anything illegal. I mean this with all my heart! You say you don't know me and if I am honest but I am honest, if I were not I wouldn't care about this at all or I could have put these in an Mustang and call it a CS Mustang but the thought never crossed my mind! But you just have to believe me when I say that I don't want to cause any trouble, break any laws or compromise my morals for the sake of money. I see people doing that all the time, comprimising their morals, lying or using their powers of persuasion to get what they want. I feel like that is what you are trying to do to me, persuade me to see it through you guys eyes and I believe I have been open to that and am seeking the correct answers to this. I would have never thought of someone doing what you say they could do with my auction items. I am niave to a point. I do have a suggestion that you guys can seriously take your time when this is all over and email your Senators and Congressman about important issues that effect each of us on a much larger scale. Please do that for me.
See like you are passionate about cars, I am passionate about the well-being and wel-fare of Americans and keeping the politicians honest.
I will be gald when this is all over.
Lisa

jk89cat

we live in a world of decreased morals , and thats what this thread is all about, not the honest people, but the ones that like manipluate and deceive to make a buck. as far as the ports are concerned , it will work its way out , and its obvoius our government isnt going to take this lightly .

junker_68

Yep, That's what i am doing manipulating and deceiving people to make a buck! Actually, I relisted it to piss you off!

OP
OP
68sunlitgold

68sunlitgold

I never thought by me posting this threat that it would cause such an uproar....but I do think this is an important topic (that is why I initially listed it).

junker_68

I sure did pull the auction! For the record, EBAY didn't shut it down nor did they have a problem with the auction.
Junker_68

junker_68

Please tell me you guys won't be lurking in my yard looking for this Vin Tag! I know how passionate you are and I have worries that some of you might try that! Just to let you know I have let people know what has been happening to me with you guys. So please just leave me alone now!
Lisa

jk89cat

junker_68 said:
Yep, That's what i am doing manipulating and deceiving people to make a buck! Actually, I relisted it to piss you off!

i never said that about you, your not tagging another car with it

Mosesatm

Hopefully this will settle it. Copied from eBay's Policies site.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
The following items may not be listed on eBay:

Birth certificates, driver’s licenses or passports. Further, completed applications for such documents containing personal information may not be listed. Expired United States passports that were issued more than 20 years prior to the date of sale will be permitted.

Current vehicle license plates, or plates that claim to resemble such current licenses. Collectible vehicle license plates that are at least 5 years old may be listed. This must be clearly stated within the listing. Government vehicle license plates may not be listed at any time.

Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) Plates, VIN Plate Rivets, Vehicle Titles, Vehicle Title Stock. Vehicle Titles may only be referenced in listings when accompanied by a functioning vehicle.

Any item that is primarily used to alter identification documents, licenses, or plates.

Fake identification cards, or any items that are designed for the manufacturer of such cards.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is the link
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/government-ids-licenses.html

It was very easy to find.

junker_68

Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) Plates, VIN Plate Rivets, Vehicle Titles, Vehicle Title Stock. Vehicle Titles may only be referenced in listings when accompanied by a functioning vehicle

You are absolutely correct but I have a question about this above- this suggest that it must accompany a running vehicle. There are many vehicles that are NOT In RUNNING CONDITION for sale on ebay. Who's to say that the very same thing you were concerned would happen with the Vin plate of the CS Mustang doesn't happen with these so-called fixer-uppers?

Mosesatm

junker_68 said:
Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) Plates, VIN Plate Rivets, Vehicle Titles, Vehicle Title Stock. Vehicle Titles may only be referenced in listings when accompanied by a functioning vehicle

You are absolutely correct but I have a question about this above- this suggest that it must accompany a running vehicle. There are many vehicles that are NOT In RUNNING CONDITION for sale on ebay. Who's to say that the very same thing you were concerned would happen with the Vin plate of the CS Mustang doesn't happen with these so-called fixer-uppers?

The way I read the article the "running vehicle" portion applies only to vehicle titles. "Vehicle Titles may only be referenced in listings when accompanied by a functioning vehicle." We are not dealing with vehicle titles we are dealing with VIN plates and as far as I can tell VIN plates are not allowed to be sold at any time for any reason. You seem to have accidently applied a portion of one sentence to another sentence.

All I'm saying is that it is against eBay rules to sell VIN plates and those rules, which I've posted for all to see and interpret, clearly state such. Why keep beating a dead horse?

Mustanglvr

junker_68 said:
I sure did pull the auction! For the record, EBAY didn't shut it down nor did they have a problem with the auction.
Junker_68

Right! And I have some prime real estate I`d like to sell you, it just happens to be in a swamp!

junker_68

Yes, they cancelled the already cancelled auction, that is true. I know where there is some swamp land for sell!
No, I am beating the dead horse because it IS POSSIBLE for someone to buy an old car body and take the tags and create a clone vehicle. It probably happens all the time. It is possible and you cannot deny that. I will question Ebay about this possibilty.

Mosesatm

390cs68rcode said:
jon

Can you lock this thread?

Why? We just need to let it die. I know I've certainly got better things to do. Like finish installing my carpet, now that it has finally warmed up a little.