• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

High Country Special decals are ready

clydeomite

Good evening: I picked up my order of High Country Special decals today. They turned out very nice indeed. The cost is $10.00 each shipped to you . Hope this meets with everyones approval .
thankx clyde-0-mite

Attachments

• 02-24-2005_034958PM.JPG
    02-24-2005_034958PM.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 26

case12

These are really nice. Nice job.

Paul, didnt you say you were going to do the window stickers with your next book for the California Specials? Casey

Talan423

clyde- can we get a mailing address from you? the stickers look great, very impressive!!

thanks
tom

P

PNewitt

Gosh! It sure looks like a certain GT/CS decal I did....

I'm flattered, but....gosh... it would have been nice to been contacted first. I could have helped.

I think the correct '68 HCS phrase was: "The West Made it Happen". Having all three years of cars drawn in front of the mountains as a group would have honored those models, too.

Yes, I will be including decals (and another surprise) with every new 2005 GT/CS Registry.

Paul N.

OP
OP
C

clydeomite

[quote author=Talan423 link=board=1;threadid=1430;start=0#msg8328 date=1109554966]
clyde- can we get a mailing address from you? the stickers look great, very impressive!!

thanks
tom
[/quote]clyde downer-741 brown ave. pueblo,co 81004

OP
OP
C

clydeomite

[quote author=PNewitt link=board=1;threadid=1430;start=0#msg8330 date=1109557980]
Gosh! It sure looks like a certain GT/CS decal I did....

I'm flattered, but....gosh... it would have been nice to been contacted first. I could have helped.

I think the correct '68 HCS phrase was: "The West Made it Happen". Having all three years of cars drawn in front of the mountains as a group would have honored those models, too.

Yes, I will be including decals (and another surprise) with every new 2005 GT/CS Registry.

Paul N.
With all due respect Paul contacting you in the past seemed futile at best . Not being one to let grass grow under my feet I took it upon myself to pursue this. I hoped it would be a sucess and think it has been. I didn"t mean to step on anyones toes and hope you don't think I did. I would also like to see a decal for the gold nugget specails from a owner of one of these And yes I wasted a decal I bought from you to make these. Can't we all be friends? clyde-0-mite

[/quote]

P

PNewitt

Clyde,

The gold circle is mine, the horizonal bar is mine, the gold color choice is mine ( you know--California--the "Golden State"??).

If you're going to make a decal, then make it original, and make it your own. Don't use artistic license from someone else's work. Besides, you missed the marque by not using the '68 HCS shield.

I'm all for the enthusiasm, and support, but to see over 50% of my artwork on something for $10 a piece is just wrong. I spent a lot of time making my original artwork. I've had others approach me for permission to do a t-shirt, etc, and I appreciated the contact. I'm pretty open to this, but not to being suprised like this.

All you had to do is e-mail me right here--and everyone knows my mailing address, too. All you had to do is contact me. I have other pending work, and I don't do this 24/7, so there is no argument on either count.

There's a difference between "let's be friends", and unethical ways of doing things.

Who knows? Maybe I'll do limited edition window decals for the HCS folks on my own--and as an original design.

All I expect is to be contacted and for the respect of my (copyrighted) work.

Paul N.