• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Timing

davidathans

David,
Hard to say if Webers would help. You would need to change the cam. What do you run for intake and carb now? Your profile says a Lunati cam. I bet B&D would have alot of ideas to push you faster.

Change of tires can't hurt. I bet you go faster! Common sense would tell us that, but the proof is on the track! Good luck! 11's is so freaking fast! Very few people that drive street cars can claim 12's. You are in an elite category!

Rob

intake manifold is the edlebrock performer rpm (no air gap)
carburetor is holley 4779C 750 double pumper 71s and 79s air horn milled off larger emulsion holes and air bleeds

the skinnys pretty much knocked off a tenth of a second so im psyched

robert campbell

David,
I would submit that a set of 48 IDA's on a Weber manifold would make you go faster with the right cam. Huge investment of about $3k to $4k. For that you could do a ton of other things and all is dependent on more RPM. I am not a nitros fan, but did run a Paxton on my first Mustang. Even with stock heads it was a huge improvement. The options are endless for you in this day and age. My choice to Webers was driven by performance and old school looks. 8 stacks is a magnet at a car show!

Your car is so fast and so cool looking. Sounds like you have a great balance of power and driveability. As you know engine building is a package with the tranny, gears, and the car. Your time slips are evidence of a well thought out package! Hard not to look for that extra tenth though. Especially when it gets you into the 11's!!!

Rob