• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Long Island, NY 2011 MCA National dates announced

BroadwayBlue

Dates were posted in Mustang Times for the MCA National show in Long Island, NY in 2011 as June 17-19.

We don't get them here in the Northeast often so planning to attend next year.

Curious to know where they're going to hold this. Long Island traffic is notorious ... especially during the Summer with beach traffic.

I know talking to someone in Carlisle that is part of the club - they were stilll working out the specifics and how to get people to avoid having to go through Manhattan.

Show should be less than 2 hours from me I hope.

Ruppstang

Rich,
The fact that you live there and are conserned about the traffic makes me think that may be one that we miss. The inner city driving is one of the most chalenging parts of traveling to some of the national shows. Marty

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

Rich,
The fact that you live there and are conserned about the traffic makes me think that may be one that we miss. The inner city driving is one of the most chalenging parts of traveling to some of the national shows. Marty

Hey Marty,

It all depends on where it's being held. You can easily get to Long Island without going through Manhattan. You have to cross a bridge at some point but it may not be all bad.
It will all depend on their schedule and location.

It sounds like they are addressing it so I wouldn't rule it out just yet.
Let's see what they come up with.

Ruppstang

That looks like a very cool site may have to reconsider that one. Marty

Ruppstang

Next Thursday there will be a dumb Nebraska driver driving a rental car most likely in the wrong lane in Long Island NY. so please give me a break! It look to be a beautiful venue and we are excited to come. I am looking forward to meeting you Rich. Is anyone else planing on going? Sorry for the bad driving in advance. Marty

68HCS289

Darn, I had my '03 registered but I may not be able to make the trip now. Would have been great to meet you. Have fun at the show!!

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

Next Thursday there will be a dumb Nebraska driver driving a rental car most likely in the wrong lane in Long Island NY. so please give me a break! It look to be a beautiful venue and we are excited to come. I am looking forward to meeting you Rich. Is anyone else planing on going? Sorry for the bad driving in advance. Marty

I'll keep my eye out for you Marty!
Have a safe trip!

Ruppstang

Rich,
It was a pleasure meeting you and getting to see your beautiful GT-CS. Your part of the county certainly is beautiful the traffic is another thing. I only made a few wrong turns. Hope to meet a few more of you easterners at the grand national in Waldorf MD. labor day weekend. Marty

Attachments

• Long Island MCA national show 025.JPG
    Long Island MCA national show 025.JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 32
  • Long Island MCA national show 037.JPG
    Long Island MCA national show 037.JPG
    145 KB · Views: 37
  • Long Island MCA national show 007.JPG
    Long Island MCA national show 007.JPG
    146 KB · Views: 28
  • Long Island MCA national show 017.JPG
    Long Island MCA national show 017.JPG
    158.4 KB · Views: 29
  • Long Island MCA national show 024.JPG
    Long Island MCA national show 024.JPG
    144.6 KB · Views: 29
  • Long Island MCA national show 013.JPG
    Long Island MCA national show 013.JPG
    157 KB · Views: 32
  • Long Island MCA national show 014.JPG
    Long Island MCA national show 014.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

68HCS289

Rich,
It was pleasure meeting you and getting to see your beautiful GT-CS. Your part of the county certainly is beautiful the traffic is another thing. I only made a few wrong turns. Hope to meet a few more of you easterners at the grand national in Waldorf MD. labor day weekend. Marty

Great pics!! I will see you in Maryland!!

franklinair

I HOPE to have my C/S done by the end of July. I'll have to check MapQuest to see about the pracricality of doing the day's long drive to MD.

Neil