• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Historical Prices

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

In the meantime ...

Hemmings had a 1967 HCS Convertible listed in one of the magazines.

Could you get an HCS as a convertible in 67? I have seen fastbacks and coupes for 66 or 67 I think but don't recall a convertible

John McGilvary

Don't think this will help much Rich, but here is my info.

Date sold; 1-28-69
Year; 1968
Type; GT/CS
Color; Brittany Blue
GT; Yes
Engine; 428CJ
Transmission; C6 Auto
Type of sale; Dealer
Condition; 1
Selling price; $3700

John

hicountrybob

In the meantime ...

Hemmings had a 1967 HCS Convertible listed in one of the magazines.

Could you get an HCS as a convertible in 67? I have seen fastbacks and coupes for 66 or 67 I think but don't recall a convertible

Rich, yes, '66 and '67 HCS were produced in all 3 body styles ie. around 30 some '67 HCS convs.(in looking at "MUSTANG...by the Numbers" 1st series, by Kevin Marti), in figuring the percentages in the production charts. I do have some convs. and fastbacks in the registry for both the '66 and 67 years, altho very few. I have a Marti from an owner of a '67 HCS fastback that states 37 HCS fastbacks were produced. BUT the coupes, it seems, are the ones that pop up from time to time, rarely one of these fastbacks or convs in either of these 2 years. FYI, We have an Aspen Gold '67 HCS conv. and a Columbine Blue '67 HCS fastback here in Denver in the Early Mustang Club of which I'm a member and I see these 2 cars quite regularly. For the '68 HCS cars, (you already know that these are all coupes), 251 were produced and sent out to any dealer ie. those in Co, Wyo, So Dak, Wyoming and Nebr. as THESE WERE DEALERS WHO TYPICALLY BOUGHT THEIR CARS OUT OF THE DENVER DIVISION (DSO 51). Thanks for your post on these very rare Mustangs as it gave me an opportunity to share some info with our CAL SP and HCS owners and other enthusiasts here on the site. HC Bob here.

rvrtrash

Date sold; 1-28-69
Year; 1968
Type; GT/CS
Color; Brittany Blue
GT; Yes
Engine; 428CJ
Transmission; C6 Auto
Type of sale; Dealer
Condition; 1
Selling price; $3700

John

Well John, I'd hate to see you lose any money on that old car of yours, so I'll give you every penny you spent on it, and even buy you dinner and haul it away for free. :wink: Just trying to help a buddy out! :grin:

Steve

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

Date sold; 1-28-69
Year; 1968
Type; GT/CS
Color; Brittany Blue
GT; Yes
Engine; 428CJ
Transmission; C6 Auto
Type of sale; Dealer
Condition; 1
Selling price; $3700

John

Thanks John it's all part of the record I'll take it!

And forget that other offer I'll give 5 times what you paid for it! :cool:

Midnight Special

Condition; 1
Selling price; $3700

...You guys are nuts. Obviously, those old 428 cars aren't worth much...
After some compassionate thought, I decided I can upgrade him to a Mach I that's TWO YEARS newer & gets better gas milage - Trade Staight Across!!

joedls

Condition; 1
Selling price; $3700

...You guys are nuts. Obviously, those old 428 cars aren't worth much...
After some compassionate thought, I decided I can upgrade him to a Mach I that's TWO YEARS newer & gets better gas milage - Trade Staight Across!!

Sorry. The auction's over. I get the car. :grin:

Now back off. :icon_evil