• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

License Plate Frames Poll

case12

Pick one of the above options for your GT/CS, or for your HCS.

See other thread on License Plate Frames. See below for pictures. I have to order a minimum of 100 each. So, I will likely order two of the above options. One hundred for the HCS and one hundred for the GT/CS.

This is not an order commitment, just a poll.

Pricing to come later - but guess around $15 plus shipping.

Casey

OP
OP
case12

case12

Option 1

Attachments

• Mustang-4H-Calif.gif
    Mustang-4H-Calif.gif
    37.6 KB · Views: 15
P

PNewitt

Hey Casey--

First of all, this is sooo cool that you provided illustrations of how these frames would look! I can't thank you enough!

I think that it looks like folks like a frame to express the rarity of the car, rather than express the advertising "theme". I have to say that option 2 (and 4 for the HCS) is overall the better of the selection for that reason.

I think that owners would like how this might stir conversation and add to the value--but having the rarity of the car on there might encourage theft. A plain, unrestored CS at the grocery store with these frames might be a target. I don't know; I just wanted to mention that possibility.

I'll certainly go with whatever all of you decide. I just appreciate my idea being brought to reality, thanks to Casey.

Paul N.

Mosesatm

That's an interesting point, Paul. That frame would be great for the show circuit but maybe not for so good for daily driving.

On the other hand, I wonder if people would be surprised there were that many of the cars made. Do you think that when people see our cars they think there were only 500 or so made? They've never seen one before so how in the world could Ford have made 4000 of them? In that regard stating the production numbers might actually disocurage theft :D.

My concern with both #2 and #4 (I voted for #2) is that stating the production number could be taken by some as a way of saying, "my car is rare and yours isn't, so I'm better than you", and it's usually not good to rile up a big old Bubba in Houston that way. But on the other hand saying, "California Made it Happen" could be taken as meaning that California is better than everywhere else because only they could make it happen. Same big old Bubba issue.

We have certainly become a P.C. society haven't we?

What do you think of something like "1968 GT/CS" on the bottom and just "California Special" on the bottom? Yeah, I know, it's Kind of boring.

I keep trying to get the Shelby connection in there but just can't figure out a way to do it.

Maybe we need to elect a committee of people who have just a touch of a screw loose to sit down at a bar for 4 or 5 hours, or as long as it takes, and hammer this thing out. They don't go home until it's resolved!!! Where is that Hooters sponsorship when we need it? Jason, are you still working on that?

P

PNewitt

<<Casey shaking his head>>

LOL!! I think the majority rule "could" be the Option 2, but we'll see. "The polls are still open on the west coast"...LOL.

Hmmm...for Texas, etc., we could do...uhhh: "Bubba Made it Happen"??. But alas, that would instill another OT direction, and we should not go there with this one. Casey has done too much hard work to get off the track here.

I think that educating others as to the production #s would really reduce that idea of them being some sort of modified one-off Mustang--and that it's really a Ford Factory car. I think that owners (both new and old timers) are used to discussing their car with others.

I frankly thinks it's "darn good time" to show our pride with production numbers! A little of the rocking the boat is good for us. I would find it interesting how a car show, and the judging would be affected when they see the production rarity on the frames. This might lead to actually forming our onw class for the CS and HCS (as well as attention at a Shelby show).

We live in interesting times! Let's raise some eyebrows.

Paul N.

390cs68rcode

personally I think if your car is nice enough it wouldn't matter what your license plate says (in reguards to being a target for theft). I think all of our cars are nice enough to be stolen and a license plate would make zip, zero and zilch of a difference.

I will ask the Hooters girls tomorrow what they think about the frame. 8)

OP
OP
case12

case12

[quote author=19HCS68 link=board=1;threadid=2268;start=0#msg15613 date=1129672627]
What color or choices of color would there be? I vote #4.
[/quote]
The frames would be chrome, with blue background to the white lettering (not black as it appears in these pics). Casey

coloradoHCS

I wonder how many people know the ad phrase. I wonder if I will be asked "they made WHAT happen?"
I voted for "The West Made it Happen" Now after reading the comments and looking at the plates again I would like to change my vote to #4. Can I do that, vote twice that is? I am originally from Chicago so I think it would be OK.
Mark

CalPaul

This is a great idea and love the examples. Heck, I worry about my car evertime I park it somewhere and I can't see it, so I don't think a license plate frame (yes, I like option #2) will motivate Bubba (who left Texas and the hurricanes to come to California) to take my car.

Mosesatm

So that's where he went. I was wondering what happend to him and his big, old, smelly, hydrocarbon-spewing Chevy truck.

Casey, you did an amazing job on those frames. You just keep proving that you are a genius!

CalPaul

Now that you've described Bubba I've I.D.d him as the guy around the corner from me. His preferred transportation looks to be a 1963 Chevy pickup with a Hook-em Horns sticker on the window.

68sunlitgold

Casey,
may vote is for #2, what about stating "1 of 3867" instead of "One of 3867" just a thought.

Doug

P

PNewitt

[quote author=68sunlitgold link=board=1;threadid=2268;start=15#msg15645 date=1129684811]
Casey,
may vote is for #2, what about stating "1 of 3867" instead of "One of 3867" just a thought.

Doug
[/quote]

The word "One" is easier to read than the number "1" from the distance that people would see the plate. At a glance, the "1" might be thought of as an "I". "One" also has a classy style to it--I think.

Paul N.

miller511

Doug,

IMO the 1 argument implies that it's number 1 of 3867 (as in 36 of 3867, etc). "One" implies that it's "one of", but not a particular number in the series of 3867.
Just my .02 ;-)

-Jeff

[quote author=68sunlitgold link=board=1;threadid=2268;start=15#msg15645 date=1129684811]
Casey,

Doug
[/quote]

6t8-390gt

By placing the Ford oval on the frame does it now have to be licensed through Ford? I know it's small numbers, but I would hate for someone to get stuck by Ford.

Thanks Paul for the idea and Casey for taking the initiative.