• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Testing link to pic of Sara's CS

clubpro

Great photos Steve! You should be very proud of your new acquisition. Hopefully you can make up a poster with the cars incredible history on it for everyone to read.

You are very lucky to have a wife who is also involved in the hobby. Mine simply tolerates my addiction :)

Cheers,

Ron

OP
OP
F

Forsche

Great photos Steve! You should be very proud of your new acquisition. Hopefully you can make up a poster with the cars incredible history on it for everyone to read.

You are very lucky to have a wife who is also involved in the hobby. Mine simply tolerates my addiction :)

Cheers,

Ron

Thanks Ron. We do love it. We did type something up with a one-page summary of some of the interesting things about the car but I agree a poster could be more fun.

I agree, I am very fortunate to have a wife who loves cars! I appreciate that she is more the exception than the rule. The only negative thing is that she knows that I've been ebay shopping for a couple of NOS items that should be changed out and and she made me promise that I'll get her approval for any part changed out on her CS. : ) Guess I can't argue with that.

somethingspecial

The only negative thing is that she knows that I've been ebay shopping for a couple of NOS items that should be changed out and and she made me promise that I'll get her approval for any part changed out on her CS. : ) Guess I can't argue with that.

What are you looking for, you might have better luck looking here. Just remember, 7 Million in gold was not original equipment. LOL

gt/csj4

ya whatever you're looking for I am sure myself, as well as many others may have (Neil was able to get me lenses and a damn near brand new air cleaner 302 lid that I could not find) Just get a WTB ad out, if you post it, we will help

OP
OP
F

Forsche

What are you looking for, you might have better luck looking here. Just remember, 7 Million in gold was not original equipment. LOL

Thanks Neil. I can;t believe that I didn't think of checking here. I've been such an ebay hound for years that I just go there by habit!

We don't need much but I was looking for an original antenna. Are all of the '68 round bases? We have the base and a one-inch nub of the shaft. If anyone has an original antenna We'd be interested in purchasing. Also of interest but i suspect very difficult to find is an automatic console or console pad. Sara's is in pretty good condition but has splits in the seams in a few places. One of the splits was repaired very poorly with glue and would be hard to repair better at this point. finally, we'd love to put an original radio back in it. It was replaced with an aftermarket. Oh yeah....one other thing : ) Would love to find left and right kick panels in good condition. The PO put some honking' speaker boxes in the footwell and installed them on the current kick panels.

Steve

somethingspecial

Steve, the antenna and the kick panels you can get Reproduction and they can be pretty nice. Original panels would most likely be very brittle due to age and usually crack around the screw holes. As far as the console padded top, very hard to find, but they are still out there in good shape. Radios are also available, but see some of the other threads about revamped radios that look original, but have updated internals with MP3 jacks. Hope this helps. ps. you might check with Franklinair, (Neil) for the console parts. He MIGHT have something available, but don't hold me to that.

Mike

OP
OP
F

Forsche

Steve, the antenna and the kick panels you can get Reproduction and they can be pretty nice. Original panels would most likely be very brittle due to age and usually crack around the screw holes. As far as the console padded top, very hard to find, but they are still out there in good shape. Radios are also available, but see some of the other threads about revamped radios that look original, but have updated internals with MP3 jacks. Hope this helps. ps. you might check with Franklinair, (Neil) for the console parts. He MIGHT have something available, but don't hold me to that.

Mike

Thanks, Mike. Will check the reproduction antenna's. Can the kick panels be dyed if I do find some? If not, may check out the reproductions. Will also check with Neil on the console. It does seem they are pretty rare.

Steve

franklinair

x-codegtcs (Bryce) may be able to help with the console pad.
Kick panels are available in original colors. $30+/- from parts suppliers.

Neil