• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Galpin GT/CS 40th ANNIV. DETAILS for 4/19 EVENT

somethingspecial

Mike, how come you can only bring one car?? :sad:

Mechanical problems made an L.A. run iffy at best, so we decided to leave it home instead of running the risk of being stranded on the side of I-5. Mike, But we will have this one: Just have to dust it off.

Attachments

• storage 001003.jpg
    storage 001003.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 60
OP
OP
P

PNewitt

We're All Set...

I just spoke with the fine folks at Galpin Ford /GAS, and here are the details..

- We're having 75 GT/CS owners and family members (and friends) show up, and 26 cars, new and original.

- We will have lunch tickets for these people. They will include the GT/CS logo, and the GAS logo on them (can you say: "collectible?!")

- Parking will be easy. Just show up around 9:00-9:30 and the crew at GAS will have you park side by side. We'll do original/new side by side as they arrive.

- The awards ceremony is from 1-1:30pm, preceeded by Lunch. Burgers and Chicken--all BBQ!!!!!

- We appreciate anyone else that would like to come and see the show, although as we've said, the celebration is for the GT/CS (and '68 HCS)., as is the luncheon. Parking for non-CS owners and family may be difficult at that time.

- Prepare to have a LOT of fun, bring your sunblock, and appetite, too.

See you there!! ...and drive safely to and from the show.

Paul.
p.s. "someone" at the show (hint hint) may have a laptop with wireless that can send this site updates, etc...as it happens.

..and...we'll be thinking of all of you that won't be able to make it.

miller511

OK. Let me try it-

COL-LECT-IBLE (Just messin' with ya Paul!!!)

Hey, can anyone recommend a hotel near Galpin for Friday night? I have a change in plans and will be coming down probably late Friday instead of o' dark thirty Saturday morning.

Thanks, Jeff

nates68

Jeff, Im @ The Holliday Inn. Across The Street From Gas. Comming From Reno,also Will Be Their On Friday.

Nates68

Sam, I registered two cars, and can only bring one, sooooooo, I have an extra entry for the knotts show. Let me know and if you need it, hook up with me at the Galpin event. Mike

Hey Mike!! Thanks so much but as of now I don't think I am going to be able to be at the show for the entire day but I'm trying to see if I can make it work. I will 4 sure be at the Galpin event so see u there :grin:

wyckdvixen

hi there,

i'm not reallly sure where to RSVP or register for this event... :undecided ... i found out about this event from another forum ... i went to the GAS site but all they had was the date and time...

btw - i'm a not-so-new member ... i came across this site when i first got my GT/CS last august but thought it was only for the older CS's so i ended up somewhere else (BMC & mymustangsite.com) but reading through the forum now, thought there juz might be a place for me here :scared: ... if ya'll would have me... :icon_lol: ...

anyways, would anyone pls. let me know the how, where or who to contact about this event as there's gonna be 3 or 4 more of us CS owners who will be attending this sat. ... unfortunately, i didn't register for knott's so i won't be able to make that :cry: ... but i'm lookin' fwd. to meeting ya'll...
:grin:

miller511

Jeff, Im @ The Holliday Inn. Across The Street From Gas. Comming From Reno,also Will Be Their On Friday.

Nates68

Nate,

I ended up booking at a Marriott down the road a ways. Se y'all on Saturday.

-Jeff

joedls

hi there,

i'm not reallly sure where to RSVP or register for this event... :undecided ... i found out about this event from another forum ... i went to the GAS site but all they had was the date and time...

btw - i'm a not-so-new member ... i came across this site when i first got my GT/CS last august but thought it was only for the older CS's so i ended up somewhere else (BMC & mymustangsite.com) but reading through the forum now, thought there juz might be a place for me here :scared: ... if ya'll would have me... :icon_lol: ...

anyways, would anyone pls. let me know the how, where or who to contact about this event as there's gonna be 3 or 4 more of us CS owners who will be attending this sat. ... unfortunately, i didn't register for knott's so i won't be able to make that :cry: ... but i'm lookin' fwd. to meeting ya'll... :grin:

You should probably PM PNewitt. Although I'm sure you are welcome to attend, I'm not sure about availability of spaces for parking.

And welcome to the forum. There definitely is a place here for you.

wyckdvixen

thanx... already tried that but says "Sorry! That user has specified that they do not wish to receive emails." ... and there's no option to PM either ... :undecided

BroadwayBlue

thanx... already tried that but says "Sorry! That user has specified that they do not wish to receive emails." ... and there's no option to PM either ... :undecided

click once on his name in the above post on the left hand side "PNewitt" and you'll get a dropdown menu with a "send PM" option.

wyckdvixen

thanx to everyone tryin to help me out :surrender... i just went ahead and sent a message to the "Contact Us" link... i don't even have the PM setting on my "UserCP" ...:embarass::confused:

BroadwayBlue

thanx to everyone tryin to help me out :surrender... i just went ahead and sent a message to the "Contact Us" link... i don't even have the PM setting on my "UserCP" ...:embarass::confused:

Did you go to the "Edit Options" link under UserCP. It should be the 2nd or 3rd box under there.

Try to PM Admin if you're getting stuck. I'll also PM Paul for you to checkout this thread in the meantime.

wyckdvixen

:rofl:thanx a bunch to ya'll for tryin to help... finally got thru the site admin - i dint have that option as new members hafta wait 24 hrs. and have @ least 1 post... so, all taken cared of... :thumb: ... was able to send a PM to paul :icon_lol: ... thanx again for the warm welcome and bein so helpful :icon_ecst

BroadwayBlue

:rofl:thanx a bunch to ya'll for tryin to help... finally got thru the site admin - i dint have that option as new members hafta wait 24 hrs. and have @ least 1 post... so, all taken cared of... :thumb: ... was able to send a PM to paul :icon_lol: ... thanx again for the warm welcome and bein so helpful :icon_ecst

That's what we're about here!
Welcome again!

OUR P51

Hi all GT/CS owners! Just found your forum tonight.
Am thinking of leaving Phoenix at 3:30 am to arrive around 9:30 am.
Any chance you'd have an extra spot for me and my 07 Black GT/CS convertible at the 40th Anniversary?