• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Colorado Event in 2011?

robert campbell

It is my hope that we can organize an annual event for GT/CS and HCS cars. I am voting for Denver in 2011. The home of the HCS! Then we will migrate East!!

Rob

Last edited by a moderator:

hicountrybob

It is my hope that we can organize and annual event for GT/CS and HCS cars. I am voting for Denver in 2011. The home of the HCS! Then we will migrate East!!

Rob
Hey, Rob, RIGHT ON!!!! DENVER 2011, Father's day weekend for the Rocky Mountain Roundup in the mountain town of Steamboat Springs (140 miles or so west of Denver) where we have a separate class each year for the CAL. and HIGH COUNTRY SPECIALS plus another 400 or so Mustangs and other Ford powered cars ie. my '47 Ford (in the autocross), Mercurys, Cobras, a few Ford powered rods and customs, a few Focas's perhaps and ever see a Pilon? In reality, Rob, Denver was the district or division(DSO 51), so our High Country Mustangs were sold by Wyoming, So Dakota, and Nebraska dealers, also, as well as our Colorado and Denver proper dealers. SO, LET'S DO IT, 2011. Hicountry Bob here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ruppstang

Hey, Rob, RIGHT ON!!!! DENVER 2011, Father's day weekend for the Rocky Mountain Roundup in the mountain town of Steamboat Springs (140 miles or so west of Denver) where we have a separate class each year for the CAL. and HIGH COUNTRY SPECIALS plus another 400 or so Mustangs and other Ford powered cars ie. my '47 Ford (in the autocross), Mercurys, Cobras, a few Ford powered rods and customs, a few Focas's perhaps and ever see a Pilon? In reality, Rob, Denver was the district or division(DSO 51), so our High Country Mustangs were sold by Wyoming, So Dakota, and Nebraska dealers, also, as well as our Colorado and Denver proper dealers. SO, LET'S DO IT, 2011. Hicountry Bob here.

Great idea guys!!!! I have attended that show many times and it is a first class event. Hopefully our HCS will be complete in the early spring of 2011. That event would be the perfect homecoming for it. I do want to know what Bob is going to cook to show up Rob's Brisket? That might be a tough one.
See you there. Marty

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

I have always wanted to see Denver!! Bob, no need to cook!! And a chance to see your car!!

We can keep these things very simple. Just use a member in the area to pick a show and help us with directions and the best Hotels to book!!

I think a picnic someplace where the group can get together is a plus. Buy a beer or softdrink and throw some bucks in a hat and have Domino's deliver!!!

Tim's gathering at Grass Valley was ultra perfect. He had the room for lots of visitors and we roamed around and felt the love! And he had tools to play with the cars!! You have to see Steve wick get into it!! Diving under dashes looking for that elusive bad connection!

Bob, sounds like you have the event for 2011! I WILL BE THERE!!!

Rob

frank s

So, Rocky Mountain MUSTANG Roundup. Looks like a good adventure.

Just be careful when you Goooogle for it: the "MUSTANG" part turns out to be important.

rvrtrash

Tim's gathering at Grass Valley was ultra perfect. He had the room for lots of visitors and we roamed around and felt the love! And he had tools to play with the cars!! You have to see Steve wick get into it!! Diving under dashes looking for that elusive bad connection!

Rob

Rob's just trying to protect my reputation, but I've been going to therapy for 6 months now and can finally tell the truth. There I was, not bothering anybody, just minding my own business, when suddenly this big fire flared up on the patio. I threw my Pina Colada on it to put it out, but that just seemed to make it worse. In fear for my life, I ran for cover, screaming like a little girl. Brother Rob found me about an hour later cowering under the dash of Rene's car, shaking uncontrollably. He was able to coax me out by telling me the Grass Valley Volunteer Fire Dept showed up in a vintage LaFrance fire truck and beat down the flames. He came up with some macho story to cover my shame, but it's ok, I'm comfortable with the truth now. :grin:

Steve

J_Speegle

All,
It is my hope that we can organize an annual event for GT/CS and HCS cars. I am voting for Denver in 2011. The home of the HCS! Then we will migrate East!!

Will not argue if the Shelby owners care or do not about having the Specials at the show. We will not know till it happens and is over.

About having an event for the cars you might want to consider choosing a site every year or every other year and tie it to another larger show (different one depending on the year)

The Boss guys have been successful at doing this. Normally the larger group running the show like the added feature of the car, will provide a meeting room and other support for the group. The general idea is that the larger group does all the hard work (parking, organization, .......) and you get a bonus

They have used Mid-America, Carisle, and other big shows. Just a thought

BroadwayBlue

Will not argue if the Shelby owners care or do not about having the Specials at the show. We will not know till it happens and is over.

About having an event for the cars you might want to consider choosing a site every year or every other year and tie it to another larger show (different one depending on the year)

The Boss guys have been successful at doing this. Normally the larger group running the show like the added feature of the car, will provide a meeting room and other support for the group. The general idea is that the larger group does all the hard work (parking, organization, .......) and you get a bonus

They have used Mid-America, Carisle, and other big shows. Just a thought

I agree with you Jeff.
We have tried that with Carlisle and Knotts, etc
The problem is we're so spread out across the country (countries I should say) and so few in number it seems difficult to get more than a handful at one place.

We've been doing Carlisle the last 3 years - first year we had 20+ cars between early and late models - last year we had only 2 68's on the showfield and 2 in the invitation building and a decent turnout of late models on the showfield.

Hoping for a decent number this year - we have at least 3 68's that I know of so far but I don't think we'll hit 10 68's.

Too bad we aren't more concentrated - this is a great group of owners that I think would embrace the concept!
The logistics are the problem.

I think out on west coast it could be very successful using this concept since there is a greater concentration out that way.

I'm all for it if we could pull it off.

Ruppstang

Once again I think Hicountry Bob's suggestion is a great one. Steamboat Springs CO. is a great show about 500 cars, has a driving event, has many hotel rooms and condos to rent and is more centered in the country. May be several sites could be offered and a poll taken to see where most of us would like to meet. Just my 2 cents Marty

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

STEAMBOAT!!!!! Thought that was close enough to be DENVER!!!

I want to go to Bob Teets and HCS land!! Anyway, close enough to suck the rest of the HCS guys from the surrounding states!!

Rob

BroadwayBlue

Denver!!!!

Wow Rob, you're almost as far from Denver as I am!

Google Maps says 22 hours for you and just over 24 hours for me.

I would have thought you would have been much closer.

Looks like my route could take me past a lot of the CS crews towns - through Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska and into Colorado.

I think there is a CS or HCS owner on the site in almost every one of those states. We could build one heck of a growing caravan on that route.

Specials Across America!

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

I will drive mine!!! Maybe I can collect a few "specials" on my journey!!!

This will be great!!! Steamboat seems to be the center of this "special" land!!

Rob

TraveledGTCS

Since several of you have posted your upcoming trips, I decided to post my trip driving my 68 GT/CS. There is a show in Richland, WA, Memorial Day weekend which I shall be attending then I head east. First stop will be Mustang, OK June 4-6; then on to Hamburg, NY for a show June 12, and possibly on in Liverpool, NY, the next day. The following weekend I haven't really decided if I will take in any - might need to recoup some. Then the weekend of June 26-27, I will be in Indianapolis, IN, for the All Ford Show w/Boss and Shelby Reunion. After the July 4th weekend in Washington, DC, area - staying with friends - I head back home to Washington State in time for the MCA Grand National.

Hopefully I shall meet some of you at the shows I plan on attending. These are the shows I will be attending; and if I can fit in another one or two along my route, there may be more.

Bill

Ruppstang

Wow Rob, you're almost as far from Denver as I am!

Google Maps says 22 hours for you and just over 24 hours for me.

I would have thought you would have been much closer.

Looks like my route could take me past a lot of the CS crews towns - through Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska and into Colorado.

I think there is a CS or HCS owner on the site in almost every one of those states. We could build one heck of a growing caravan on that route.

Specials Across America!

There is allways a place for you to stay in eastern Nebraska. And a few Mustangs to look at too! Marty