• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

68 GT Coupe and 68 GT/CS Diecast Model

OP
OP
68gt390

68gt390

UPDATE:
Received the pre-production pictures of the GT model yesterday. At it's current stage it looks awsome. They asked that I review the photo's and make any suggestions for changes (done). Even at it's current stage the detail is very good. Even though my GT doesn't have the upper console, they have added it to the model. Company representative mentioned they are trying to push the production to get the model out by early fall. First production run will be 1500 models.
He also mentioned that he will be forwarding the pre-production pictures of the CS to me within the next week or two. Can't wait to see those.

Don ;D

U

Unregistered

:icon_ecst
I have some great news. The first photo's will be made available to me 1/20/06 to view. Also, they have given me permission to post a link to the first dealer that will receive the car and the site they would prefer us to use. Check this site from time to time to see when they will have the model available. If I hear anything before hand, I will post it here for all to see. :icon_ecst

www.diecastalley.com

Paul;
I have also gotten permission from Greenlight Collectibles for the photo's they are sending me to be used in your upcoming Registery as well as a letter to me stating that my car was used for their research in the making of the CS model to be included in your book if you so desire. I am so excited that this project is finally coming together. To say the least this has made my Christmas even more special for me. It's the best thing I could have received next to my 428 engine block. :grin:

I would like to say thank you to all the site members for your patience during the past several months waiting for more information to come out. I guess you could kinda say the cat is now out of the bag. I will continue to update this post as more information becomes available.

Don :grin:

OP
OP
68gt390

68gt390

Unregistered said:
:icon_ecst
I have some great news. The first photo's will be made available to me 1/20/06 to view. Also, they have given me permission to post a link to the first dealer that will receive the car and the site they would prefer us to use. Check this site from time to time to see when they will have the model available. If I hear anything before hand, I will post it here for all to see. :icon_ecst

www.diecastalley.com

Paul;
I have also gotten permission from Greenlight Collectibles for the photo's they are sending me to be used in your upcoming Registery as well as a letter to me stating that my car was used for their research in the making of the CS model to be included in your book if you so desire. I am so excited that this project is finally coming together. To say the least this has made my Christmas even more special for me. It's the best thing I could have received next to my 428 engine block. :grin:

I would like to say thank you to all the site members for your patience during the past several months waiting for more information to come out. I guess you could kinda say the cat is now out of the bag. I will continue to update this post as more information becomes available.

Don :grin:

Was signed in when I first made this post but, system kicked me out somehow. Anyway I'm now signed back in. Hopefully this time it will show I made the post.

Don :grin: Jon; Any chance you can make this a sticky?????

Mosesatm

Don, any idea of color choices, if any, and probable price? I assume you get one for free!!!

OP
OP
68gt390

68gt390

Arlie;
Price around $49.95. Color's: Royal Maroon plus 2 other color's to be determined as of yet. I'm sure I could make some suggestions. :eek:

I will be getting a few of the models.

Don

Mustanglvr

One has to be Highland Green you`de think.
What size engine will they have in them?

390cs68rcode

Mustanglvr said:
One has to be Highland Green you`de think.
What size engine will they have in them?

let's hope a 390.

I visited a famous car museum here in New Zealand (Southward Museum), they had the 1/18th scale 68 gt390 fastback model in the gift shop. It was about $110 and is VERY detailed. I am not a model collector but this one is pretty cool. I hope the gt/cs model comes out this nice.

OP
OP
68gt390

68gt390

jbsteven said:
let's hope a 390.

I visited a famous car museum here in New Zealand (Southward Museum), they had the 1/18th scale 68 gt390 fastback model in the gift shop. It was about $110 and is VERY detailed. I am not a model collector but this one is pretty cool. I hope the gt/cs model comes out this nice.

It will be 390 "S" code with 4 speed set-up. If the photo's of the CS look as good as the GT did it will be pretty nice.

Don

Mosesatm

Wow, 3 colors is going to be tough. Let the battles begin!!

We know one color is maroon so that leaves 2 more.

Blue is the most common color so it should be there, white stripes I assume.

Should we also have a black-striped car? White with black? Red is too close to maroon. The only other black stripe colors are aqua, turquoise, yellow, and Brittany blue. Any others?

Yes, I am willing to give up on Highland Green for the good of the board members, even though it is by far the best color!!!

Is it time for a poll?

Don, do you think the diecast company knows which model car colors normally sell the best? That fact might make the decision for us.

OP
OP
68gt390

68gt390

Arlie;
No need for a pole, they will be selecting the color's. I would assume that blue will be one of the color's but, I have no idea at this point. Highland Green would also be kinda nice.

Don

Mosesatm

Too bad. We this board hasn't had a "robust dialog" (corporate slang for "battle") in a while.

jk89cat

with the c vs w debate, the c/m use the big block bell housing , 385 series, ie 429/460 as where the fe bell is its own bird. . from what i have read that makes the c such a pos is the thin casting walls between the clyinder sleeves and the waterjackets . under heavy abuse they were cracking blocks . the moddifed is just a pile of a motor , i have owned 2 . not worth it!

Mosesatm

jk89cat said:
with the c vs w debate, the c/m use the big block bell housing , 385 series, ie 429/460 as where the fe bell is its own bird. . from what i have read that makes the c such a pos is the thin casting walls between the clyinder sleeves and the waterjackets . under heavy abuse they were cracking blocks . the moddifed is just a pile of a motor , i have owned 2 . not worth it!

Will you run that past us one more time? I have no idea what you said with all those initials. For example what is a c vs w debate, and what is a c/m, and what is the modified engine you've owned 2 of?

Mustanglvr

68gt390 said:
Arlie;
No need for a pole, they will be selecting the color's. I would assume that blue will be one of the color's but, I have no idea at this point. Highland Green would also be kinda nice.

Don

I agree on the Highland Green.:grin:

OP
OP
68gt390

68gt390

Mosesatm said:
Will you run that past us one more time? I have no idea what you said with all those initials. For example what is a c vs w debate, and what is a c/m, and what is the modified engine you've owned 2 of?

Arlie;
I think he's refering to our discussion about the Cleveland vs Windsor motors earlier in the postings. As for the rest of it, I'm as lost as you are. :confused:

Don

PFSlim

Don

If the model folks would like to have a picture of our blue one or any other way I can help, please let me know.

Paul