• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Dixco Hood Tachometer

TraveledGTCS

I guess I best put my two cents worth in since I have been mentioned a couple time earlier in this thread - I must have missed it when it came out.

Yes I have a Dealer installed hood tach. When I purchased my Special at Haywood Ford, Haywood, CA, in April 1968, I wanted an in dash tach, however since it was a 302ci that was not an option. The dealer offered the ralleye pack, but I did not like it; so he mentioned Ford just came out with a Hood Tach, and I always liked the one on the Firebird, so I told him to order it and had it installed. I don't remember it being on the sales sheet. Probably because it was ordered and sent to the dealership in Salinas to have it installed. (I was stationed at Fort Ord at the time.) It was painted the same colour as the hood. The dealer did tell me it was going to be an option for 1969, but I guess it didn't catch on since I've only seen one 69 with it installed, at a MCA show in Dearborn, MI several years back.

There was no silicone, just a pad between the unit and the hood. I don't know the make of it, but it has the Ford Oval on the face.

Bill