• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Registry inquire

Sherri P.

Is there a way to locate a car in the CS registry by vin #
only? I have been talking with a seller. She states the car is in the registry. But it was the previous owner who registered it. I can't figure out how to search the registry.

Thanks, Sherri

68sunlitgold

Sherri,
The registry on the web is not there yet....want is meant when someone on this sites sates "is it in the registry" they mean looking in either the 88 or 96 recognition/registry books Paul published. If you give me the VIN I can look for you. By the way, unlike the Shelby registry, ours is not authenticated....meaning just because it is in there does not mean it is a real GT/CS. Paul took all of those that he received from owners as true CS's, but they were not required to prove it. So even if the seller states "it's in the registry" you should still authenticate it by a Marti report.

Doug

OP
OP
S

Sherri P.

:D
Thanks Doug, here is the vin #8R01J150463. I guess I will need to get the Marti report. I asked the seller about it. She said, she just put all the paperwork the person she bought the car from in a folder. She didn't act like she knew what it was. Unfortunately I'm 850 miles away, so I wanted to verify before making the trip.

Sherri

bish

Sherri,

The GT/CS your looking at purchasing is in listed on page 40 of the second edition.
J code car, 65A, N, 2G, 13C, 72, 5, W, Lucas, Black
Bumper guards, FT & Rr, Remote mirror & disc brakes

Hope this helps & good luck!

68sunlitgold

Sherri,
as bish stated, the car is in the registry book, some one took the time to find out about the car which is good thing. The break down of the door tag is:

model year: 1968
built at: San Jose (Milpitas, CA)
bodystyle: Hardtop
engine: 302 CID - 4V
consecutive #: 150463
body series: Hardtop - standard-trim bucket seats
scheduled assy.: March 13, 1968
exterior color: "Diamond Blue"
interior trim: Light Ivy Gold crinkle vinyl w/ Medium Ivy Gold "kiwi"-pattern vinyl inserts
sales office (DSO): San Jose, CA ("SK")
axle ratio: 3.00:1 "conventional"
transmission: "C-4" automatic

The signs are all postive as to it being a true CS, but you should still get the report. If you request Kevin to do a quick turn, he will fax it to you within a couple of hours. Good Luck!

Doug

OP
OP
S

Sherri P.

Thanks for the help. But now I'm even more curious about the car, due to the info she gave me. The door tag info she said varies from what you show. The interior color is blue (original) she gave 2b and build date 15 not 13. She said the original color was white, but I noticed Diamond Blue could be white to some. She has since painted it red. Is there any way to tell if a car came with a vinyl top?

I love this site, you guys are always so much help!

Sherri

68gt390

Sherri;
The only way I know of to tell if a car came with the vinyl top is from the Marti report under the options area or if she happens to have some of the original paper work on the car from the dealer. I don't think it was ever identified any other place such as the door tag etc. My GT/CS came with a black vinyl top but, when they repainted it they filled in the area were the holes were for the trim piece and repainted the whole car body color. I've seen several cases were folks had the vinyl top removed and painted the whole car body color but didn't fill in the trim area and just put the trim piece back on the car. That looks a little strange.

Don

PFSlim

Guys - Wonder if you could tell me how much a Marti report costs? Second, can you see if me cal spec is in the registry? My VIN number is 8R01C165304.

Thanks in advance. ;D

OP
OP
S

Sherri P.

Std Marti report- $17.00 includes shipping
Deluxe Marti report- $44.00 " " " "

It took about 1 wk to get. I first ordered the Std, then upgraded to the Deluxe, after purchasing the car.

Does anyone know where to find the original stripe color?

Sherri

68sunlitgold

Sherri,
There is nothing that will tell you the original stripe color, not even the Marti report. However, the color usually matched the interior color (or close to), ie if the interior is black the stripe was black, or if the interior was white the stripe was white. This is not always the case, if the interior/exterior are black the stripe would be white. It was not a standard thing.

One place to look even if your car has been repainted is the edges of the door. I had no stripe on my car and the second owner got it that way so he did not know the color. I looked at the front edge of the door and you could see the stripes, which had been overpainted. I scraped off the paint and saw black. You can also check the scoops if you need to replace the screens.

I hope that helps you.

Doug

carvensno

my CS i had was ivy goldon ext. and ivy gold int. and had white stripes. just hope you can find some left over striping so you can tell, you might look in the gallery at some people that might have the same paint and int. that you have and see what color stripes they have on there CS ;D

OP
OP
S

Sherri P.

Thanks for the suggestions for where to look. I have tried to find one with the same sceme as mine, but never found one with a vinyl top. The original colors are:
Ext- Diamond Blue w/black top
Int- 2 tone blue

So I figure the stripe has to be black or blue. I also tried to look in the door panel and in the trunk, but had no luck.

Attached is a current picture. It's a little distorted from trying to reduce the size.

Sherri

Attachments

• Sherris_68_Mustang.jpg
    Sherris_68_Mustang.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 23

68gt390

[quote author=PFSlim link=board=2;threadid=945;start=0#msg6462 date=1100184045]
Guys - Wonder if you could tell me how much a Marti report costs? Second, can you see if me cal spec is in the registry? My VIN number is 8R01C165304.

Thanks in advance. ;D
[/quote]

Checked both books and did not find your VIN. To get cost associated with Marti Report, click on "VIN Reports" link at the top left hand corner of web page. Hope this helps.

Don

68sunlitgold

Sherri,
since your car has a black vinyl top, I would beat it came with black stripes, they also would go with the ext/int combo.

Doug