• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Shelby Club (SAAC), and the GT/CS Registry,

quicknick

Amen Don! SAAC registery or not, our CS's attract just as big of a crowd as the Shelby guys. And most of the time, we are the only ones.
The SAAC registery sounds great to me as well. However, here is something to ponder............ In every show I am placed in the 67-68 coupe catigory which makes me a "shoe in" for a trophy.
Will we now be placed in the Shelby rows, thus reducing our chances of bringing home the big iron?
Just thinking out loud. Spending the day with friends, making new friends and seeing beautiful cars is always the priority at the car show, but driving home with an award in the back seat surley doesn't suck!

68gt390

[quote author=quicknick link=board=1;threadid=1985;start=15#msg13257 date=1123423380]
Amen Don! SAAC registery or not, our CS's attract just as big of a crowd as the Shelby guys. And most of the time, we are the only ones.
The SAAC registery sounds great to me as well. However, here is something to ponder............ In every show I am placed in the 67-68 coupe catigory which makes me a "shoe in" for a trophy.
Will we now be placed in the Shelby rows, thus reducing our chances of bringing home the big iron?
Just thinking out loud. Spending the day with friends, making new friends and seeing beautiful cars is always the priority at the car show, but driving home with an award in the back seat surley doesn't suck!
[/quote]

Not to worry, I've competed against many Shelby's at open show's and have done very well at holding my own. I've even on several occassions upset a few Shelby owners in my area because I'll seek them out and park next to them just so folks can compare the two cars. I actually had one gentleman move his car to another parking spot just to get away from me. It's really neat when people looking at the two cars realize no, it's not a Shelby it's a California Special and then the questions start coming. Our CS's will do very well and if we are able to get SAAC recignition it will only help our cause.

Don 8)

rvrtrash

Some shows you just can't win. I went to one yesterday and should have had a clue when I saw the tropheys were a plaque with a drawing of a Chevy. They gave first place only and all the winners were Chev's. I had a crowd around my car all day but the judge announced the winner was a 69 Camaro because it was black and he liked black cars. By the way, the winner of the '49 and up street rod class was a bone stock '93 corvette. Go figure!
Steve

joedls

[quote author=n.id.steve link=board=1;threadid=1985;start=15#msg13262 date=1123434437]
Some shows you just can't win. I went to one yesterday and should have had a clue when I saw the tropheys were a plaque with a drawing of a Chevy. They gave first place only and all the winners were Chev's. I had a crowd around my car all day but the judge announced the winner was a 69 Camaro because it was black and he liked black cars. By the way, the winner of the '49 and up street rod class was a bone stock '93 corvette. Go figure!
Steve
[/quote]

What you gonna do? Someone told me of a local hang-out near me where classic car owners meet for breakfast on Saturday mornings. I dropped by one Saturday and the lot was filled with classic Chevys. I just kept on driving.

twoclassics

Heck I don"t even own a car yet and I think it is a great idea, but I have 22,500 thats says I will own one soon, real soon

68gt390

[quote author=joedls link=board=1;threadid=1985;start=15#msg13267 date=1123454122]
[quote author=n.id.steve link=board=1;threadid=1985;start=15#msg13262 date=1123434437]
Steve
[/quote]

What you gonna do? Someone told me of a local hang-out near me where classic car owners meet for breakfast on Saturday mornings. I dropped by one Saturday and the lot was filled with classic Chevys. I just kept on driving.
[/quote]

You should have stopped and had breakfast. I've actually on several occassions gone up to Quaker Steak and Lube here in the Columbus area when they have had both an all Camaro and an all Corvette show just for grins and chuckles. Parked in the lot accross from them and went in and had wings and beer. When I came out there was a large crowd looking at the CS. I ended up staying for about another hour just answering questions on the car. I'm sure the Chevy guys weren't to happy with that. I just call it working on my Public Relations skills.

Don ;D

joedls

[quote author=68gt390 link=board=1;threadid=1985;start=15#msg13270 date=1123460387]
[quote author=joedls link=board=1;threadid=1985;start=15#msg13267 date=1123454122]
You should have stopped and had breakfast. I've actually on several occassions gone up to Quaker Steak and Lube here in the Columbus area when they have had both an all Camaro and an all Corvette show just for grins and chuckles. Parked in the lot accross from them and went in and had wings and beer. When I came out there was a large crowd looking at the CS. I ended up staying for about another hour just answering questions on the car. I'm sure the Chevy guys weren't to happy with that. I just call it working on my Public Relations skills.

Don ;D
[/quote]

[/quote][/quote]
Hey, they're close. There are plenty of Saturdays. Maybe I'll get someone to drive my other Mustangs down there on a Saturday some morning, so I'll have back-up. ;D

Canuck CSter

First and only show my car was ever in, was in the 67-68 Shelby class...and I brought home 3 rd.

Don't think being assimilated into the Shelby landscape would be a bad thing for us, eventually are rightful position in this Mustang muscle car era will come out.

We maybe a conscience effort to be the link from fords mustang to shelby ( 1968 ) or just rememberd as that , but that is where history will place us.

And rightfully so I say...

DR in Ottawa

[quote author=quicknick link=board=1;threadid=1985;start=15#msg13257 date=1123423380]
[/quote]

hcsstang

Attented a local show at Hoffman Ford in Harrisburg and they put me in with a Special Mustang class. In that class we had 10 cars one 79 Sallen, One newer Boss and the rest were Rouschs from o3 to 05. The best of the show went to a 67 Shelby and it wasn't even a Shelby, a clone. I held my ground with my HCS.A lot of the spectators never saw a HCS and a lot though that it was a California Special plus some never heard of the car.Getting ready of the Youngstown show. AACA is having a Mustang show the same weekend as the Youngstown show.