• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale AOD Conversion

robert campbell

Dudes,
the owner of my old GNS wants to convert to a manual tranny. so below is up for sale with very little run time. Perfect for that crate engine motor you are "jonesin" to put in your ride!! This AOD is the "hammer" you need to complete the experience of dusting off the new bloated 4,500 hundred pound stuff the sell now a days!!

It is a complete set up ready to go and still in the car!

Rob

COMPLETE direct fit AOD conversion for a 1965 to 1973 Mustang. May fit other Ford Car and Truck models with minor modifications such as the rear cross member. Buyer needs to do their own research for other applications.

The AOD has about 1,000 miles on it and owner wants to go to manual transmission. Items you will receive are the AOD, the torque convertor, the complete driveshaft recently balanced by D&D Drivelines of Tacoma Washington. You get the block plate, a reprogramed stock shifter and rod, and the overdrive cancel switch. Also accessory deep pan, dip stick, tranny cooler, and Lokar TV cable. The stock shifter was modified to force usage of the shift button to be pushed in to reach the neutral position. No more accidental manual shifts from 2nd to 3rd and hitting neutral under full power!!

The AOD and conversion kit is Performance Automatic Transmission Center (PATC) AO Dominator package. Rated to withstand up to 750 HP. Came with the matching torque convertor rated at about 3,000 rpm depending on weight of car and gear ratio. See link below:

https://transmissioncenter.net/shop/xx-3/

Link to PATC Mustang conversion kit:

https://transmissioncenter.net/shop/mustang-aod-conversion-kits-patc-parts/

The valve body was replaced with a Lentech Strip Terminator AOD ( No Brake ). This valve body is state of the art and allows for full manual shifting of an AOD in a normal C4 1, 2. 3 pattern. No more stupid AOD shift pattern and lack of the manual shift feature! Also includes the overdrive lockout feature which is a lighted rocker switch mounted on the dash. This is how Ford should have built the AOD in the first place. This valve body increases line pressure and durability of the transmission under power. Please read link below and click on Strip Terminator AOD (no brake) under the valve body section.

http://lentechautomatics.com/products/

This combination is bomb proof and with the right engine you are ready for street and strip warfare!! Combination is still in the car and can be tested. It will not be removed until sold. A video can be sent showing the tranny in action.

This is a $4k investment. Save $1k and pick this bad boy up for $3k!! This total package is perfect for the buyer who wants the drive ability of an overdrive coupled to the strength to handle almost any engine combination!!

whodat

Man I’d love to have it! I could sell mine to offset the cost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk