• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale Bonnie and Clyde S code 4 speed

Mosesatm

Attachments

• 68 Wagon.jpg
    68 Wagon.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 39

whodat

I would love to have it. Of the 111 did any of them come with a/c?

somethingspecial

I know some of the 104 S code auto cars had A/C. Not sure how many, but it does appear on some of the Marti Reports I have. Nothing on S code 4 speed cars yet.

OP
OP
lnevill

lnevill

Price reduced - again!

Well the third time on e-pay was about as exciting as the first two. I'm reducing the price to $40k and that is the final offer. If I can't get $40k for this amazing GT/CS, I'll just have to keep it for now.

Thanks!
Lee

robert campbell

Kinda a bad time of the year to sell "fun in the sun" cars. In my experience Spring seems to be the hot time. The Portland Swap meet in April attracts a buyer who likes to see in person and deal with cash. And I mean lots of cash! I have seen purchases with stacks and stacks of bucks changing hands. A buyer who hates the internet and is old school.

My brother and I just did a purchase of a new driver vehicle for him. Cash on the barrel and a chance to meet the seller and see the truck. I don't know how people buy cars sight unseen??

Rob

Midnight Special

Kinda a bad time of the year to sell "fun in the sun" cars. In my experience Spring seems to be the hot time. The Portland Swap meet in April attracts a buyer who likes to see in person and deal with cash. And I mean lots of cash! I have seen purchases with stacks and stacks of bucks changing hands. A buyer who hates the internet and is old school.

My brother and I just did a purchase of a new driver vehicle for him. Cash on the barrel and a chance to meet the seller and see the truck. I don't know how people buy cars sight unseen??

Rob

...Couldn't have said it better! At the very most, do a nice colorful ad sans many details and instruct them to call you for questions, emailing more photos and an appt.... then answer the phone when they do!
This will also minimize online (armchair) nitpicking and maximize serious inquiries... It's better that You explain your high price (and standard) than some tire-kicker purist on the web.....

Last edited:

Mosesatm

Lee,
There are a few errors on your car that may be raising questions in the minds of potential buyers. Most are easy to fix.
- The armrest is incorrectly attached
- There should not be a stripe between the door and the scoop
- The tail light covers, inside the trunk, should be black.

Something that is a little more expensive to fix is the installation of the side scoops. There are no screws visible, and the scoop shown in the eBay auction photo doesn't look correct..

I'm not trying pick apart the car, just offering suggestions that may help you sell it.

franklinair

I've seen the tail light covers in Black, and body color. I've also seen & used these cardboard panels that cover the area:

Neil

Attachments

• 075.jpg
    075.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 24

Ruppstang

IMHO they actually were a blue grey color originally. Here is a picture of a original and the ones restored for the HCS.
Marty

Attachments

• Shelby tail light panel covers 001.jpg
    Shelby tail light panel covers 001.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 34
  • Shelby tail light panel covers 002.jpg
    Shelby tail light panel covers 002.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 33
OP
OP
lnevill

lnevill

Thank you all for the inputs.

The side scoops are from a 67, as are the rear quarters. The PO had wanted to make them functional so that is what I ended up with. The rear panel needs the filler and the armrest were just a screw up:embarass:!!

Thanks again!

Lee

Mosesatm

Sorry, I was talking about the round metal covers. They should be flat black, or satin, or semi-gloss.

Marty, do you know what the finish should be?

Attachments

• Ground Wire DSCN3808.JPG
    Ground Wire DSCN3808.JPG
    195.1 KB · Views: 27

franklinair

Lee-
When you install the filler boards, dampen them to soften them up, so they won't crease. (Ask me how I know) When they dry, they will hold their shape.

Neil

Attachments

• Green GTCS 067.jpg
    Green GTCS 067.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 27