• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

turn signal clips

hcsstang

What is the story on the hood turn signal clips that hold the bulbs in under the hood? Did the 68 cars came with the clips or not?

clubpro

Below is a photo of the clips that I think that you are looking for. Let me know it they are not the clips that you are looking for.

Cheers,

Ron

Attachments

• Hood turn signal clips.jpg
    Hood turn signal clips.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 18
OP
OP
H

hcsstang

The clips that you are showing are the ones that hold the wires, The one that I'm referrng to is the one that holds the bulb in. Last Sun. I was at a mustang show and I was in the 67 and 68 class and not one had the clips in.

Doug

My turn signal bulbs are held in by pressure. The bulb socket has metal “spring” like tongs that provides pressure to the socket hole, thus holding the blub in place. I don’t see where a clip is required. I hope that this makes sense?

case12

My turn signal bulbs are held in by pressure. The bulb socket has metal “spring” like tongs that provides pressure to the socket hole, thus holding the blub in place. I don’t see where a clip is required. I hope that this makes sense?

Same for me. Casey

OP
OP
H

hcsstang

Mine has the spring clips also but I was checking with a mustang dealer and he came up with the clips. They are one inch long and cut on the radius of the bulb. Just wondering what car that it can from or what.

Diesel Donna

Ooooohhh yes I was thinking of the same clips as Ron was. Now you all made me run out to the garage to see what I have....

somethingspecial

The 67 cars had the clips you ask about. These clips were deleted sometime in 68' so early cars may still have them. There is a hole in the turn signal housing just to the right of each bulb socket. This hole is for a screw to be installed if you had the clip, which is just a sheet metal, almost spring steel, flat holder which has a cresent shape cutout to hold the light socket in. During MCA judging, if the hole has threads and the clip is not there, you will lose points. I have not seen these clips repopped but I haven't been looking either. Ron, (Clubpro) do you know? Sorry, I don't have a pic. Mike

murf104

Does anyone know if these retainers show up in the 1967 Factory Assembly Manuals? They are NOT in the 68 FAM, although some 68 Mustangs have them. Is there an accepted date when they were deleted from the 68 model or were they specific to any or all plants?

68gt390

My CS has them but, don't know if they are original to the car. I'll try and post pic's later tonight.

Don

68gt390

These are the clips. My GT/CS has them but, my GT does not.

Don

Attachments

• Mirrior - Turn Signal Clip 001.jpg
    Mirrior - Turn Signal Clip 001.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 27
  • Mirrior - Turn Signal Clip 005.jpg
    Mirrior - Turn Signal Clip 005.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 26

Perkchiro

I looked at my car tonight and I noted that the screw holes are there, but no clips. I suppose that means they should be there.