• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

New DSO Information for '68 HCS owners!

P

PNewitt

I am doing a small research project on the side, and in my 1988 book, I show a typical HCS invoice form, with this DSO number at the bottom right. This number is:71F086. Well, I just found out that that DSO dealer number is (was?) BOB BAKER FORD in San Diego.

I have a theory that the DSO 51 HCS cars were a separate "deal" with some So. Calif Ford dealers, known as a "trade". Since the CS wasn't selling as well as expected, the 71 DSO, So. Calif. dealers made a deal with the Denver dealers to sell "modified" GT/CS cars, with deleted scoop stripes and side script.

What I need to sort out from this is why there are different DSO 71 dealers listed on the HCS invoices, and no one number, or one specific dealer.

IF anyone with a '68 HCS has their original invoice, with the dealer DSO number that begins with "71", could you post it here? It's in the bottom right corner of the window sticker-invoice.

Thanks!

Paul N.