• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

What do the side scoops screws screw into?

390cs68rcode

One of my scoops did not have any screws holding it in place so I took a screw ut of the other side and tried to screw it into place. It did not "catch" anything while screwing in. the screw was roughly 1 inch long.

do I need longer screws or has the thing that holds the screw in stripped or come out/off?

PB gtcs

JB. The screws that hold the side scoops screws right into the quarters. Thus, your screws should be no longer than one inch. If you are not getting a "bite" probably means the hole in the quarter has been "Walllerrrrred" out. If so, you might try a thicker screw(not talking about your personal life). Good luck.

Brian

P

PNewitt

LOL--Brian!!

Yes--the screw goes into sheet metal. The hole may have been enlarged from years of vibration (careful, Brian). You might get a look at the hole, and see if you can "pound" it a little to make the metal around the hole contract--for the original screw.

With that note, I'm stopping before I get into WAY too much trouble!

PN. :-X

P

PNewitt

The important thing isn't size, but that they are stainless steel, and accurate. ::)

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

[quote author=PNewitt link=board=1;threadid=1445;start=0#msg8418 date=1109906455]
The important thing isn't size, but that they are stainless steel, and accurate. ::)
[/quote]

hmm stainless. will have to find some new ones the PO painted them.

Brian:

If I rub them a little will they get a little bigger? ;)

nfrntau

Jason,
We are assuming that it is at correct length prior to inserting. At this point in the screwing process rubbing it or applying more friction will only allow your screw to move in and out of the hole more freely. Remember you do not want to Waller your hole!
Bill

meadowsdk28

I found that if you dip your screw into a rubber compound prior to insertion, it helps to maintain a firm grip in the hole, protect the shaft from corrosion and ensure a long lasting experience even with vibration.

(or get one of those little flat, rectangular metal clips, come in through the back side by removing the interior panel and just slide it on there. I've had no problems, ever) May not be concours, but if your holes were a little too big like mine was, better that than losing one on the highway.)

P

PNewitt

Those little flat clips you are describing, just like the ones that hold on the CS script (in the trunk), are called....

SPEEDNUTS.

(hey! don't go there, people!)

:eek:

DJM75

[quote author=PNewitt link=board=1;threadid=1445;start=0#msg8452 date=1109967185]

SPEEDNUTS.

[/quote]

I don't know if I can stay away from that one!!
;D ;) :-X

Don

P

PNewitt

I bet JB now wishes he'd never asked the question.

Too Funny! Watch this get 1000 hits now.

8)

Mustanglvr

::) You guys really have too much time on your hands. LMAO ;) ;D Rhonda

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

[quote author=PNewitt link=board=1;threadid=1445;start=0#msg8452 date=1109967185]
Those little flat clips you are describing, just like the ones that hold on the CS script (in the trunk), are called....

SPEEDNUTS.

[/quote]

Best Beavis and Butthead voice on:

HE HE HE HE he said speednuts.