• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Correct S code holley carb?

CougarCJ

That one is for a 390 with automatic transmission.

1968 S code Holley with 4 speed is numbered - C8OF-9510-C.

robert campbell

Cougar must have the same Ford part number book I have. Automatic 390.

Boy what a filthy carb! I rebuild and rebush them. That dude needs a thorough cleaning!

Rob

OP
OP
calspcl

calspcl

Cool, thanks for the reply,

I will have to keep my eyes peeled at the swap meets this spring for a "C" model.

robert campbell

And kill the fun of stomping through the Portland Swap meet, in the rain and wind!!! No way!!! Nothing can beat the exhilaration of finding that rare part under a tarp or plywood table booth! And for a bargain… Well, until you get it home….. Find out what it will cost to refresh….. Missing pieces….

A sickness for some….. But love for others!

Rob

rvrtrash

Hey if you guys are going to Portland, we need to hook up. I go every year (except last year) and have a room reserved at the Best Western across the freeway.

Steve

OP
OP
calspcl

calspcl

I was at the puyallup high perf swap meet yesterday. A guy had a rebuit "C" model for 495.00. Thought that was fairly steep as it was not finished in the correct anodize color.

I did pick up three taillight assy and harnesses out of a 64 t-bird. When I took the lens covers of too look for corrosion, there was none! Clean and shiney, sockets were like new. Felt I did good on that deal.

I will be heading to Portland Saturday Morning for the day.

I will have to check the poney carb web site.

OP
OP
calspcl

calspcl

Oh, by the way Cougar CJ!

There was a green 67 XR-7 390 S code cougar there for sale, asking 6K. Had the Marty report, very decent condition and tempting.