• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

07 Cali Special 1/4 times!

kENNYXG

My bone stock CS ran 13.70 AT 99 MPH at Baytown Raceway Park. in Houston Tx. This car is an auto with 331 gears . no programmer and no Cai!The Shelby is'nt much faster if at all.

davidathans

at that same track the shelby would run 12s on its stock tires even with a 2.4second 60'...but that is great a 13.7 at 99 stock with auto...at california speedway an 07 gtcs with a stick ran a 14.55 at 100mph with a 2.6 second 60' time and i was impressed that a stock mustang could hit 100mph in the 1/4 mile especially spinning the tires like that

07GT/CS

The GT's run 13.6-14.2,Depending on Density Altitude and driver.My CS put down 297HP at the wheels and should be good for 13.4 at 105mph.My 04 mach1 ran 13.0's at 105 all day long with a Torque converter and tune on Goodyears.It put down 280HP.The track opens soon here in the Midwest and we will see what Cali runs.

Wayne Westmoreland

I ran my 07 GT/CS on a 1/8 mile track in MS. It ran 7.8 sec at around 75mph.
It has an automatic and it was also my first time to ever be on a drag strip.

Very cool experience. I couldn't believe what I was competing with in my non-moded car.

07GT/CS

I ran my 07 GT/CS on a 1/8 mile track in MS. It ran 7.8 sec at around 75mph.
It has an automatic and it was also my first time to ever be on a drag strip.

Very cool experience. I couldn't believe what I was competing with in my non-moded car.

Isnt amazing how fast cars have gotten in the last 20 years.I remember when a 87LX 5.0 with automatic was a 15 second car.This is stock of course.:grin:

Wayne Westmoreland

The funny part is they all had stripped down cars with basically seats & engine (typical drag cars). They were sweating their butts off and I was sitting in mine with the air conditioner blowing, just as quite as can be.

I am beginning to regret getting an automatic though. It does help with consistancy though.

I'm new to this site so bear with me. Does anyone know if there will be any registry for the 2007's. Does anyone know how many FOrd is planning on producing.

07GT/CS

One piece of advice dont run the A/C at the track while waiting in the lanes.You will bring water to the starting line from the A/C and if a car with power lines up behind you it will not be pretty.As for being a auto just get a torque converter and tune and you will knock a half second off the ET.I had a 04 Mach1 with a converter and tune and it was in the 12's.

Wayne Westmoreland

One piece of advice dont run the A/C at the track while waiting in the lanes.You will bring water to the starting line from the A/C and if a car with power lines up behind you it will not be pretty.As for being a auto just get a torque converter and tune and you will knock a half second off the ET.I had a 04 Mach1 with a converter and tune and it was in the 12's.

Hey thanks for the advice. I certainly don't want to be the cause of something "not pretty". Guess I'll have to sweat it out with the rest of them.

Forgive me for being illeterate when it comes to the power train, but doesn't it already have a torque converter? Or is there a special one to change it out with?

07GT/CS

Yes you have a conservative Torque converter from the factory.But a 3200 stall would definately wake the car up.If you want to go that route.When I installed mine on the Mach1 it woke up.I was cutting 1.8 60ft.times on good years.Just remember once the Mod bug bites its hard to stop modifying the car.Case in point my 07 is 4mos.old and Im thinking supercharger now.It never ends.LOL

07GT/CS

I took mine to GLD last night and ran 13.8 at 106mph.I need more seat time but the power is there.This was on street tires.

Wayne Westmoreland

These are my 1/8 mile times. These are the only 2 times I've ever been on a drag strip, so I really don't know what I'm doing yet. If you can't read it here, go to my Gallery. There is a better file in my gallery.

Attachments

• Track Tickets.jpg
    Track Tickets.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 41

07GT/CS

I cant post em.I tried to scan them.Anyway I did a burnout.My 1/8 was 9.0 at 80mph.But I was wheel hopping bad on launch and 1-2 shift.I need more practice.

davidathans

man those timeslips are insane!!!

how can you go from 330 ft to 660 ft in 1.7 seconds???
your 330 ft time is 6.14
your 660 ft (1/8 mile) time is 7.854

to cover 330ft in 1.714 seconds you have to average 192.532 ft/s which is 131.27 mph!!!????

that racetrack is not 1/8 mile, or there stopwatch is messed up big time

for example my fastest race:

330 feet in 4.942 seconds
660 feet in 7.713 seconds

it took me 2.771 seconds to travel 330 feet

which means i had to travel at 119 ft/s or 81.198 mph avg speed between 330 and 660 feet....my mph at 1/8 mile is 85.98mph ..it makes sense

that track did you an injustice by giving you false information on your timeslip

thank you for posting it, your 7.854 at 70.64mph seemed too fast for a stock gtcs and by posting your timeslip you verified to me that something quirky was going on there...try racing at another track or on a different night and see what you get and get back to me

joedls

man those timeslips are insane!!!

how can you go from 330 ft to 660 ft in 1.7 seconds???
your 330 ft time is 6.14
your 660 ft (1/8 mile) time is 7.854

to cover 330ft in 1.714 seconds you have to average 192.532 ft/s which is 131.27 mph!!!????

that racetrack is not 1/8 mile, or there stopwatch is messed up big time

for example my fastest race:

330 feet in 4.942 seconds
660 feet in 7.713 seconds

it took me 2.771 seconds to travel 330 feet

which means i had to travel at 119 ft/s or 81.198 mph avg speed between 330 and 660 feet....my mph at 1/8 mile is 85.98mph ..it makes sense

that track did you an injustice by giving you false information on your timeslip

thank you for posting it, your 7.854 at 70.64mph seemed too fast for a stock gtcs and by posting your timeslip you verified to me that something quirky was going on there...try racing at another track or on a different night and see what you get and get back to me

I was wondering if you were going to pick up on this, David. I didn't do the calculation from 330 to 660 ft, but I plugged in the 1/8 mile ET into a 1/4 mile converter and that made this car a low 12 second car.

davidathans

ya a stock 07 gtcs with 300 engine horsepower will not run low 12s stock that is for sure haha i saw one do a 14.5 at 100mph which is still impressive for a stock car...your 1/4 mile et calculator was right on with the low 12s....because his "7.8" (1/8 mile) is really close to my 7.7 (1/8 mile) and on that run i ran 12.19 (low 12s)

Wayne Westmoreland

Guys:

This is my first time to ever go to a track or drag at all. I learned more reading these posts than I ever thought I'd know about times.

Lets get one thing clear, I am definately not trying to pull the wool over anyones eyes here. Those are just the slips they gave me. I was by myself too, so noone was really explaining things to me.

I will take them back to the track with me next time I go and see if they can give me an explanation.

davidathans

the track messed up on the timeslip, its not your fault...since your new to drag racing here's one thing you'll learn...there is a lot of BS spoken...by actually going to a racetrack and racing, like you did, and posting a timeslip backing up your 7.8 ("1/8 mile elapsed time") that is the only real way to see how fast your car is...many people BS about how fast there car is, i hate it.

By giving you wrong information on your timeslip, its a disservice to you...and i really want to see what that track says about your slip...

all i can say is...enjoy your GTCS and you can go as fast as you want for as much as your willing to spend...

try racing at a 1/4 mile dragstrip to see if you can hit 100mph! then post your slip

btw congratz on your 07 mustang...i love the black ones