• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. 2011 International Mustang Meet

68 special

Got our room booked today at the Wingate. Maybe we will be bunked next to Bill and tanner. I haven't registered yet. Think I'll register as original instead of modified, just to make sure to be in MY GT/CS group instead of in a corner with a bunch of foriegners. Seems so far away. It wiil be a blast to see all.

Bret

TraveledGTCS

Got our room booked today at the Wingate. Maybe we will be bunked next to Bill and tanner. I haven't registered yet. Think I'll register as original instead of modified, just to make sure to be in MY GT/CS group instead of in a corner with a bunch of foriegners. Seems so far away. It wiil be a blast to see all.

Bret

Bret, if enough of us stay at the Wingate, we can have a parade going back to the show site. I should be on the ground floor (at least I asked for it) in a King Bed room.

I know I'm heading over at least Thursday morning, depends on one of my freinds from Canada. He, his wife and brother may stay at Lake Chelan a couple days prior and if so, I may join them. I'll know more when show time gets closer.

Merry Christmas to all and a very Happy and Safe New Year.

Bill

OP
OP
rvrtrash

rvrtrash

OK, I'm in between trips and we're getting real close to the meet. So what are our plans? Do you guys that are attending want to just do the socials and BBQ's at the meet or come to my place? Arlie, are you showing up? Do you need a ride from the airport or anything? Anyone else? I'm gone Mon-Sat but will catch up when I get back. If we're coming to my place, I need to start prepping.

Steve

Northern Pony

Steve;
Our plans as I know it today; leaving Calgary Thurs AM, stop thurs night at Bonners Ferry, Fri AM drive into Spokane. Leave Spokane Mon AM for Calgary, or where ever.
The Sunday banquet is a definite, Fri and Sat open.
How far is your place from show site?
Believe Limelyt is doing Calgary to Spokane on Thurs. Gazrox is out, Mountie Pony travelling with us.
You are definitely welcome to join any of our caravans into Spokane.
I am out of cell phone and computer contact as we travel Northern Canada
( remote )now to Aug. 9th.
BoB

OP
OP
rvrtrash

rvrtrash

I'm about 35 miles from the show site, and was wondering if everyone wanted to do just a CS get together. At this point, I'll just plan on everyone doing the Bar-B-Q, etc at the show, and then any that want to come over and hang out Fri or Sat after dinner are welcome. I'm leaving tomorrow early on another rafting trip, and then am taking a Boy Scout troop down the river starting the 15th, so will only be checking in sporadically.

Steve

aemoo28

Would it be ok to bring an '08 CS? Don't think Satan is up for that long trip in the heat, although maybe it's ME who wants a/c (currently removed).

Looking for dog sitting over the weekend.

limelyt

I vote for the 'HOT ROD CAFE' Saturday after the show :grin:

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 41
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 37
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 32
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 40

Northern Pony

Steve;
I know from past experience that most cars arrive on Friday and then it is clean up time for the show on Saturday. After clean up most will not want to drive any where with their clean cars on Friday night.
I think Gary's Hot Rod Cafe is a good idea for Saturday night.
Just home from a trip in Northern Saskatchewan, the cabin we were staying in got pummeled by golf ball to hard ball size hail just prior to our arrival; broken windows, three trees on the cabin roof, and downed power lines. What a way to start a holiday!
BoB

OP
OP
rvrtrash

rvrtrash

Hot Rod Cafe is here in Post Falls, about 35 miles from the show. I'll swing by in the next few days and see if I can reserve a section for the CS crowd. If others feel like skipping the Bar-B-Q and going there, let me know so I can get an idea how much room we'll need.

Steve

Mosesatm

I'll be driving over from Omak, probably Saturday morning, in a boring rental car. Haven't worked out all the details yet.

68 special

Had to cancel my reservations due to I have my car torn apart tracking down overheating issues, (don't think it would survive Spokane heat), and found out I have relatives coming from So. Cal. that weekend. My only chance to see them. Slim to none chance of getting my car up and running anyway. It would've been a blast, so, I hope to see lots of pics.

Enjoy,
Bret

OP
OP
rvrtrash

rvrtrash

I checked with Hot Rod Cafe this morning, and if I let them know by the 31st how many will be in our party, they'll make sure they have an area where we can all sit together, instead of booths that hold 4.

Steve

TraveledGTCS

Tenatively count me in for the Hot Rod Cafe. I've been there a couple times during my trips and have enjoyed my stop over. I think it would be cool to have a bunch of GT/CSs pull in - sort of a mini car show.

Bill

OP
OP
rvrtrash

rvrtrash

Had to cancel my reservations due to I have my car torn apart tracking down overheating issues, (don't think it would survive Spokane heat), and found out I have relatives coming from So. Cal. that weekend. My only chance to see them. Slim to none chance of getting my car up and running anyway. It would've been a blast, so, I hope to see lots of pics.

Enjoy,
Bret

If things change, throw it together and come on over. It's not as nice (hot) here this year as usual, and I know a place in Post Falls that can do emergency repairs if needed.

Steve

OP
OP
rvrtrash

rvrtrash

I'll be driving over from Omak, probably Saturday morning, in a boring rental car. Haven't worked out all the details yet.

Well what kind of host would I be if I allowed that to happen? I have two cars entered and no idea how to get the second one there. Can you help me out? PM sent.

Steve

Northern Pony

Bret;
Definitely going to miss you, I was looking foreword to seeing you guys again, ( visit at Rob's last year was too brief ). Right now you have three weeks and relatives you can always see again. Well that's my 2 cents worth.
Take care
BoB

OP
OP
rvrtrash

rvrtrash

OK, so far it's just Gary, Bob, Bill and myself for the Hot Rod cafe on Sat. Are you guys bringing any spouses or friends? I need a head count so I can set aside an area. Any one else want to join us. I got an email that the BBQ is overbooked and if you haven't already paid it's first come,first served for tickets until they're gone.

Steve

aemoo28

What time for this Sat meet at the cafe? If I just drive over for the day, would that be ok? No promises just yet... have to free the 08 CS out of the garage 1st. Or secure a trailer for bringing over my '68.

>>>Hmmm... idea forming in brain...<<<

Thinking of Hilton Garden Inn. Arrive Friday afternoon, stay til Mon morning.

Saturday after show is reserved for Post Falls CS get-together. I will drink fake beer (is there such a thing) and devour a delicious BBQ bacon burger. Is there an online menu, Steve?

Anyone from Seattle want to ride over with me? Someone with trailer experience? If yes I can bring my '68 CS.

Where is my travel husband? BART!!

Last edited: