• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Good news / Bad news from the 2011 Recognition Guide

somethingspecial

The way I understood it, the CD was to contain Original Commercials, a song a friend of his wrote about the GT/CS put to pictures or something like that, and other special goodies. The CD never came to be produced and so it was dropped from the book. No one received a CD. The way you received your book is the way it will remain. No extra goodies. I offer no explanations, or excuses. Paul has severed ties from anyone who has a GT/CS, let alone a Mustang, period. Including myself. I wish him well and hope he finds the happiness he searches for. As for me, I believed I was a friend of his, but after the way he cut ties with myself and others, Well, Maybe I should just keep those knee to the groin feelings to myself.

franklinair

Well, this then brings to mind: If Paul has become so disenchanted with the C/S & HCS cars & people, what is to become of the registry?

Neil

aemoo28

Wow. All I can say is this-

Waaay back in what, how many years ago I can't remember, I PRE PAID for TWO BOOKS and TWO DVDs.

So what I'm hearing is this... the purchase is incomplete. I was never notified that I would not be receiving my full order that was pre-paid in FULL.

Is scam this scam the same for scam everyone else who purchased scam BOTH book and scam DVD? (Shoot, my spell checker is doing the same darn thing!)

robert campbell

Have to agree with Neil. But this site will continue to the forum for all things GT/CS and HCS. New an old. The term registrar has kinda faded a bit with the Marti report. The real niche is to help with restorations, mechanical, electrical, and get togethers. To help each other with our cars. And to help new people get started and not ripped off.

Too bad personal satisfaction was never the goal of the registrar. At the end of the day, that is all there is! We are all contributors to our hobby. No one better than the rest.

Rob

hookedtrout

Too bad Paul couldn't see that his value in friendship and partnership in the CS world would bring WAY more satisfaction than the pedestal he sought to seat himself on.

Instead of trying to blend in and be one of the many who love and appreciate the CS sharing his extensive knowledge and blending it with other CS knowledge he tried so hard to claim that all recognition of the CS was his to own and in the process it sounds like he has finally tread over the last of the remaining CS/HCS that were faithful to him.

Some saw through him early while others with more compasion and trust tried to endure to the end but in the end it sounds like he treated everyone equal as just another pawn in his quest to get and own all things CS. As the majority of us knew, his adventure would end in failure from a personal standpoint. It's a great book but a sad story that was written long before the final words were ever in print.

I will say thanks for the books Paul, I shall enjoy them while I own the CS and I'll pass them on to whoever is next in line to be the owner of the CS I have had the pleasure of enjoying during my lifetime as I truely recognize that we are not the true owners of anything we posess but only the stewards to enjoy and oversee these things for the short period that we have the opportunity.

Enjoy!

robert campbell

Too bad Paul couldn't see that his value in friendship and partnership in the CS world would bring WAY more satisfaction than the pedestal he sought to seat himself on.

Instead of trying to blend in and be one of the many who love and appreciate the CS sharing his extensive knowledge and blending it with other CS knowledge he tried so hard to claim that all recognition of the CS was his to own and in the process it sounds like he has finally tread over the last of the remaining CS/HCS that were faithful to him.

Some saw through him early while others with more compasion and trust tried to endure to the end but in the end it sounds like he treated everyone equal as just another pawn in his quest to get and own all things CS. As the majority of us knew, his adventure would end in failure from a personal standpoint. It's a great book but a sad story that was written long before the final words were ever in print.

I will say thanks for the books Paul, I shall enjoy them while I own the CS and I'll pass them on to whoever is next in line to be the owner of the CS I have had the pleasure of enjoying during my lifetime as I truely recognize that we are not the true owners of anything we posess but only the stewards to enjoy and oversee these things for the short period that we have the opportunity.

Enjoy!

Cory,
So well said! In all we do, we are just a speck in the grand scheme of time.
Rob

390cs68rcode

2233652.jpg

it's time to move on.

ari guy

Been on vacation, playing catch up on this site......You guys crack me up!!!!! Thanks for the chuckle. Made my day. Doc