• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale Found this on Ebay 68 GT/CS 390

Mosesatm

OP
OP
S

sboresow

Thanks for the reply. It sounded too good to be true, I also noticed that the Fog Lights were missing, and few engine parts didn't look right, or were missing. Of course, I would have required a Marti report.... Thanks again.

68 special

Yup, fake all the way. notice the one pic of the resto and it still has the original standard '68 side emblem where the side scoop goes and no hole punched for the side scoop along with everything Arlie mentioned. Not sure about the 104531 vin. number either. I sent an email to see what response I get.

Bret

nineofive

Seller states this "started life as a standard Mustang C-code 289 Coupe with Deluxe interior"
After reading the write up a couple of times he never claims it as an original CS nor as a clone.

joedls

Beautiful car, but definitely a clone.

Q: hello dave is this a original california special or a replica and do you have a marti report and original engine?? thanks dylan apc.Nov-29-11

A: Hi Dylan- The original 289 was tired and there was no reason to keep it. Nobody would ever want to remove the 390-V8 that's currently powering the car so beautifully. She is not one of the 2400 CS's produced in 1968. As the very beginning of my description clear states- "this car started life as a standard c-code 289 Coupe". She was restored to her current condition and configuration. The end results are gorgeous. Cheers to you in Australia, DAVE

Neil R.

found a nice 390 car at the attacked link if anyone is in Oregon classicmemoriesmotorcars.com/images/listings/1968MustangCS1111/1968MustangCS

68 special

I got the same response as Joe about real or clone. He also stated there was no need for a Marti report!!!! Definitely buyer beware and hopefully someone does their research or checks in here to ask questions. see below.

"In the very beginning of my written description (in the second sentence) I clearly state that- "this car started life as a standard c-code 289 Coupe. The VIN number is in the auction several times. You are welcome to get a Marti report for yourself if you wish. I saw no need to purchase one due to the fact that I am aware of exactly how this car came optioned from the factory and where it was sold new. My car is not one of the 2400 California Special's produced in 1968. It is simply a very nicely done car. I don't see how any confusion could have existed but I hope this clarifies things for you. I appreciate your interest, DAVE"

Bret

bates40

I got the same response as Joe about real or clone. He also stated there was no need for a Marti report!!!! Definitely buyer beware and hopefully someone does their research or checks in here to ask questions. see below.

"In the very beginning of my written description (in the second sentence) I clearly state that- "this car started life as a standard c-code 289 Coupe. The VIN number is in the auction several times. You are welcome to get a Marti report for yourself if you wish. I saw no need to purchase one due to the fact that I am aware of exactly how this car came optioned from the factory and where it was sold new. My car is not one of the 2400 California Special's produced in 1968. It is simply a very nicely done car. I don't see how any confusion could have existed but I hope this clarifies things for you. I appreciate your interest, DAVE"

Bret

Yikes - truly buyer be ware