• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Lower console parts question

di81977

I have thought about adding a lower console at some point and have located a guy that has a few of them. My questions are:

1) Is there a document anywhere detailing out all the individual pieces/components?

2) Which parts are the most difficult to get (i.e. need to make sure they are included when I buy)?

Sorry if this has been discussed before. I did a quick search and did not find anything.

Thanks for the help.
David

OP
OP
di81977

di81977

Did you decide to keep yours??

Couple guys interested, got another call today. We will see what happens. Best case for a sale, though, might be to put the 302 back in and sell the 393 separately. The console price is too good to pass up, assuming I get all the correct pieces.

gazrox

Parts and assembly diagram can be found in the Jim Osborn Interior Assembly Manual.

OP
OP
di81977

di81977

Thanks for the responses. I will have to check out the Jim Osborn Interior Assembly Manual and I know that West Coast Classic Cougar has a good inventory of parts.

Other than the longer radio knobs, are there other parts I should be concerned about that are either hard to get or not reproduced?

Appreciate everyones help.
david

earlymustang

Hard to find in good condition is the face pad then the top pad and then the radio mount that is not broken or had the radio tubes cut off. And yes the console radio knobs are the hardest to find, hopefully they will get reproduced it not already in the making. What color are you looking for? Shane 714-501-6768