• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Wanted Lower console assembly

68sunlitgold

I believe that is for a cougar console (which has the clock in place of the sliding door). This is the 68 Mustang console wiring.

Doug

Attachments

• console wiring.jpg
    console wiring.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 19

x-codegtcs

Looks like a very nice, very fixable console, only concern would be how much was cut out of the Front Pad. Noticed it also includes the gear indicator panel which can be an expensive find (one just went for $102 alone on ehay). Just my 2 cents.

I thought I had a photo of the front pad. It was cut/trimmed to allow a larger radio. The vinyl was not cut all the way through, but the texture is missing.

Has anyone seen the missing top crossbar before?

68sunlitgold

Every radio face mount I have came with the crossbar, but i have seen many that did have it missing. I don't think it will play a big part in making a correct fit since the radio pad has a metal backing to it therefore should still fit snug when you screw it to the radio attachment holes. It's more important that the radio knob area has not been cut out if you intend to use a factory correct radio.

x-codegtcs

Yeah, interesting anyway. When I noticed it was missing, I was expecting rough edges on closer inspection. However, it wasn't rough and the edges were cut with a saw of types, but before it was chromed. The chrome was not good enough to have been re-done.