• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Nice Red 390 GT/CS on eBay

68gt390

Nice looking car. Can't say I care much for the red seat belts on the black interior but, it's the first 390, 4 spd I've seen offered on ebay so far. It was also sent to the same DSO as mine (74). Plus, we have those famous black trimmed light bezels on the back.

Don :cool:

Last edited:

Midnight Special

...So what do you really think of this? I e-mailed the seller requesting his phone# for further dialog... 'Not "concours" I know, but I like to drive as much as show...

'Wanna say too that if anyone else here is bidding on it to PM me and let me know. I'll back off if so...

Last edited:

Mustanglvr

Red is a good color, but if it`s originally Acapulco Blue, then I`d be changin it back.

68gt390

Tim;
This car is in the first registry book. There are some differences in the registry vs what is shown on ebay. Most of the information in the registry is identical to my car. Color is shown in the registery as "B" Royal Maroon" with Black Vinyl top and white stripe, build date is the same in the registry as mine 15D (15 April) but, this car and mine were actually built 16 April which would make sense since the vin on mine and this one are only 10 units apart (mine 156979 and this car is 156969). It show's the following options: Center console, Black Vinyl Top, Dash Clock, Convenience Control (Dash, on Console w/AC), Slotted Style Wheel - Chrome (Dealer Option). Owner in registry is shown as - Clint Vandehey and is shown on page 60. I'm thinking the registry may be wrong since it also show's the interior code as 2K (Lt Aqua) that doesn't make sense with a paint code of "B" in the registry.

I'd almost bet since my car and this one both went to DSO 74 they may very well have been sold by the same Ford Dealer even.

If I had the room I'd seriously think of looking at it myself but, don't have the room.

Don

Last edited:

Midnight Special

Thank you very much Don! If all goes (extremely) well, you can take it to Mike's BBQ ;-) I have my limits and she still has 6 days to go however... 'Still waiting to hear from the seller.

Mustanglvr

There are options in the registry for my car that are different than what is on the Marti report. I was told it was stuff added on by the owner.

calspcl

Don,

Seams there was a group of these S code, 4 speed cars sent to Seattle during the same time. My vin is 156976, 7 cars after this one and built on April 15th, DSO 74. You may be onto something...

68gt390

Don,

Seams there was a group of these S code, 4 speed cars sent to Seattle during the same time. My vin is 156976, 7 cars after this one and built on April 15th, DSO 74. You may be onto something...

Very good possibility we all shared the same truck going to Seattle!!!! :grin:
Looks like the Seattle folks wanted the big block cars. I see your VIN is only 3 units ahead of my car. We may have all also been on the assembly line at the same time. That's kinda neat.

Don

Midnight Special

somethingspecial

This is a very nice car. The asking price was over the century mark. Tim was a gentleman and stepped aside for me to pursue, but had he insisted, I would have done the same thing. Mike

somethingspecial

I'm Sorry, I meant to say "The half Century Mark". He was asking $53K. Mike
Graveyard shift is not working well for me.