• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

68 Cal Special

rdysart

Hello folks, I'm a new member as of today. I have a 66 and a 68 HCS and looking for a California Special to go with my HCS. I would appreciate any help you guys and gals can give. If you know of any cars for sale please let me know. I'm in Virginia.

Mosesatm

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

rdysart

I have viewed the cal special that is in NY and it looks like they mounted the emblems backwards. I'm looking for something more original (numbers matching, correct color and so on). Thanks and have a great week and keep your eyes and ears open for me.

Thanks again,

Rick

Mosesatm

I have viewed the cal special that is in NY and it looks like they mounted the emblems backwards. I'm looking for something more original (numbers matching, correct color and so on). Thanks and have a great week and keep your eyes and ears open for me.

Thanks again,

Rick

Rick, It might help us if you post what you are looking for. Color, engine, trans, other options, budget, etc.

BroadwayBlue

I believe Rick and I exchanged emails during my auction.

If you recall Arlie, you were the one who pointed out the incorrect script to me back when I was purchasing my 302 :smile:

I got numbers matching but can't help on the original color, and other items.

Rick,
As Arlie has said if you can give us some insight we often know about cars for sale or people reading might be considering selling theirs.

Welcome to the site!

OP
OP
R

rdysart

Hello guys, I hope everyone had a great day. (NOW) for the car, I would like to have a car that is original or restored original with the correct color combo's and equipment including the numbers matching driveline. The color really does not matter as long as it is original to the car. As far as options, well you can't have to many options. Driveline, if I can buy a big block car for a respectable price that would be great. Otherwise a J code would be great and then the c-code. Never say never but I really don't want a T code at this time. I shouldn't have a problem finding a V-8 but if the right deal came along I would look at a T code. As far as a Dollar it would depend on the car, you folks can help me out there. You all know better than me as far as the money. Right now on all of the muscle cars the market seems to be getting a little soft as it does this time of the year. It seems to be a good time to buy.

hicountrybob

Hello folks, I'm a new member as of today. I have a 66 and a 68 HCS and looking for a California Special to go with my HCS. I would appreciate any help you guys and gals can give. If you know of any cars for sale please let me know. I'm in Virginia.

Rick, missplaced your address. Email me, please. Thank you, Bob Teets here.