• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 GT/CS Trunk lid question

classicsguy

Is the trunk lid for a 1968 GT/CS different than the one for a regular coupe. What is the price for a new one (reproduction)

Thanks

rvrtrash

It's totally different than a regular coupe. It's the same as a Shelby convertible. Someone had a link to repops here at one time but I don't remember for sure who it was.

Steve

GTCS95616

The GT/CS trunk lid is all fiberglass, whereas the regular coupe is all metal. The cross braces on the inside of the GT/CS that look like the cross braces on the inside of a regular coupe trunk lid are fiberglass too. And the obvious, the GT/CS trunk lid has the spoiler as integral part of the molded fiberglass.

gazrox

National Parts Depot has the reproductions (part No. 40110-9A) for $499.95.

I have no idea how the quality is - maybe someone else has tried them?

You will need the fibreglass end gaps too!

robert campbell

I have seen these trunk lids with two different end caps available. One for a Cal Special with the Shelby tailight panel and one with end caps that fit a car with stock tail lights. So you need to get the correct end caps for what you are doing.

Rob

OP
OP
C

classicsguy

I have seen these trunk lids with two different end caps available. One for a Cal Special with the Shelby tailight panel and one with end caps that fit a car with stock tail lights. So you need to get the correct end caps for what you are doing.

Rob

Thanks Robert!! Ill make sure i get the correct end caps and besides a Mustang shop is doing the work so they must know better than me.

J_Speegle

Thanks Robert!! Ill make sure i get the correct end caps and besides a Mustang shop is doing the work so they must know better than me.

Don't assume that they know for sure. Its best to always check and confirm.

I get plenty of questions from Mustang shops, both big and small, some of them are surprising - too many stories of things going wrong to share here ;)

OP
OP
C

classicsguy

Don't assume that they know for sure. Its best to always check and confirm.

I get plenty of questions from Mustang shops, both big and small, some of them are surprising - too many stories of things going wrong to share here ;)

Thanks for the advice Jeff...Thats why I count on this forum. Many shops may not be familiar with the GT/CS since there are few left.