• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Found another 68' GT/CS

SeaninSD

I recently went on a mad Craigslist search, searching every Craigslist across the west coast and just found a 68' GT/CS with a 289 (appears to be 4V but not sure), 4-speed car, for sale north of Seattle, Washington. I love these cars but I'm not 18 yet and my parents don't want to spent the money to fly there so it appears to be out of the question. The car looks beautifully maintained and can be viewed at this link. Thanks, Sean.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/2800417729.html

68 special

Seems to be Eastern Wa. by the area code. Man o Man, it's got some Meats on it. Looks like fender eaters. I'll try and get a call in to find a vin # to see if it's registered.

Bret

somethingspecial

Seems to be Eastern Wa. by the area code. Man o Man, it's got some Meats on it. Looks like fender eaters. I'll try and get a call in to find a vin # to see if it's registered.

Bret

Thanks Bret, Please let me know.

Sean, Welcome to the site. Trust the folks here to find you a true and correct GT/CS. Don't hesitate to post cars here when you discover them. We may have discussed a car previoiusly or have extensive knowledge of a certain GT/CS and can guide you to an informed purchase. I must warn you, owning a GT/CS is like using illicit drugs. You can get addicted really really quick. It makes you look COOL and your friends start hitting you up for rides, becuase it makes them look COOL. etc. LOL.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

SeaninSD

Yeah well I've got a 69' Cougar XR-7 right now but I'm definitely considering selling to get one of these because I love how they look and how rare they are. I don't think I've ever seen one on the road :confused:

Mosesatm

Not to derail the thread too much, but Sean since you're new to the California Special world here is a book from a well known and highly respected GT/CS author you may find interesting.

http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/823278

Attachments

• Hooks Book Cover.jpg
    Hooks Book Cover.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 41

JohnnyQuest515

I had made a deal on this car and today received a email from the daughter stating it was sold. I bought a Marti, had almost hired a shipper and had a hard agreement to buy and was ready to send funds tomorrow..........ask me if I'm pissed!

I called the owner and he said whomever got the money there first bought the car, give me a break. He also stated, if I called him again he would press charges!

Randy

Mosesatm

If he agreed to sell you the car for an agreed upon price the two of you had a verbal contract, which is just as binding as a written contract.

He'd better hope you don't press charges.

JohnnyQuest515

If he agreed to sell you the car for an agreed upon price the two of you had a verbal contract, which is just as binding as a written contract.

He'd better hope you don't press charges.

Funny thing I was with my attorney most of the day(in Houston), he would eat this guy but I'm not in the mood.

Randy

James476

I've visited with quite a few people over the last few months in the search for a GT/CS. I assure you that your experience is not unique. The main problem I have with Craigslist are the flippers - they're just looking to make a quick buck. However, every single person I've talked to that has a connection to this website has been professional, courteous, and a pleasure to deal with.

planemove

Gt/cs

If you are looking for a GT/CS I have three I'm going to be selling. One Gulf Stream aqua c code, one raven black c code and one white J code

franklinair

Photos?, options?, Marti's? Sounds interesting. List/show them in the Classified Ad section.

Neil